Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

4 hours ago, Vespasian said:

Thats a good point, but it has its flaws.. what if for instance the city of London with all its wealth wanted to break away from England?.. would that be OK ?..

Theres an international convention that says that regions should stay within their defined countries borders and only under exceptional circumstance be allowed to break away..

Such as happened in the former Yugoslavia or Eritrea..  theres a good reason for this, when one country breaks up, it tends to make other regions around the world to want to do the same. It tends to destabilize regions and countries all over the world.

Its why Cameron was a tit for allowing Scotland a referendum on the matter. or a vote on brexit..

Its not just about the effect it has on us, but the unknown reverberations around the world..  without Brexit,or the Scotish referendum we wouldn't be seein the Spanish State in the mess they've now found themselves in..

I said the day after Brexit we had opened Pandora's box..  and we now see the evidence before our eyes...

Still, as long as Boris got his way thats OK...  

If you could personally better yourself or had the opportunity to do so would you or would you carry on as is even if you could see as is getting worse?

5 hours ago, Vespasian said:

Thats a good point, but it has its flaws.. what if for instance the city of London with all its wealth wanted to break away from England?.. would that be OK ?..

Theres an international convention that says that regions should stay within their defined countries borders and only under exceptional circumstance be allowed to break away..

Such as happened in the former Yugoslavia or Eritrea..  theres a good reason for this, when one country breaks up, it tends to make other regions around the world to want to do the same. It tends to destabilize regions and countries all over the world.

Its why Cameron was a tit for allowing Scotland a referendum on the matter. or a vote on brexit..

Its not just about the effect it has on us, but the unknown reverberations around the world..  without Brexit,or the Scotish referendum we wouldn't be seein the Spanish State in the mess they've now found themselves in..

I said the day after Brexit we had opened Pandora's box..  and we now see the evidence before our eyes...

Still, as long as Boris got his way thats OK...  

I think the "city" bit in "the city of London" answers your rather foolish question 9_9

10 minutes ago, WesD said:

If you could personally better yourself or had the opportunity to do so would you or would you carry on as is even if you could see as is getting worse?

In what sense is staying in Spain for the Catalans making things worse?.. or for Scotland staying the UK or Britain staying in Europe?..

Theres such a thing as strength in numbers to think on as well.. something the brexiteers have as much clue about as they do most other things in life that matters..  clueless bunch of numpties that they are...

As to making things better for myself, I'd at least muse on if my greed was goin to make others poorer....

Just now, Vespasian said:

In what sense is staying in Spain for the Catalans making things worse?.. or for Scotland staying the UK or Britain staying in Europe?..

Theres such a thing as strength in numbers to think on as well.. something the brexiteers have as much clue about as they do most other things in life that matters..  clueless bunch of numpties that they are...

As to making things better for myself, I'd at least muse on if my greed was goin to make others poorer....

Do you live in a commune? if not, why not?

3 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

I think the "city" bit in "the city of London" answers your rather foolish question 9_9

Does it now, I suppose Vatican City doesn't exist except in other peoples imaginations then..  or am I being foolish making a numpty out of you..

Edited by Vespasian

3 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

Does it now, I suppose Vatican City doesn't except in other people imaginations then..  or am I being foolish making a numpty out of you..

:lol::lol: Your funny!!!

You'll be telling me next that Sadiq Karn is the Pope and London has a population of around 1000 :lol:

4 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

Because I'm not an idiot who wants to hide away from the world..  

But surely you want "strength in numbers"

There is no strength is loosing control of your own country and being ruled by unelected officials.

You lost, good sense won the day, get over it, you sound like a two year old complaining its not fair that its not ice-cream for tea every day :001_tt2: 

• Like 1