Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

I’m genuinely interested in why @matelot was in the 3rd world.

Some of his views from his experience I concur with as I have seen corruption 1st hand in a 3rd world country too.  I do not tar them all with the same brush however as I also saw goodness in a lot of people from the same place.

I was working in the 3rd world and ill stick my neck out and presume @matelot was working too and fair enough if this is the case however I am happy for people from the 3rd world to come to the UK to work if they can offer a skill or something we are short on.

I really think we should mirror the Oz system for immigration, benefits should be off the table full stop as should the nhs for a number of years, health insurance a legal obligation for a number of years then when a contribution pot has been built up nhs access.

I think we have a lot of non British doctors and medical staff to use an obvious example and I commend them and respect them as they come here to make a difference to their lives and in the process they make a difference to ours! 

In summary we need people in this country and people who want to come to this country to pay for the privilege so we can stay great (couldn’t help the cliche) Britain as we have future generations to think about not just us in the here and now.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

Do you really think many people read your posts and think they are in any way "intellectual"? :001_huh:O.o

Well how about I say that some people, on this thread, have a child like understanding of the world? They would make Forest Gump look intellectual..

Today a "far right" party has been elected to the German Parliament - the first time in 60 years.... However it was only yesterday that someone here was saying the "far right" were going nowhere in Europe....

13 minutes ago, WesD said:

I’m genuinely interested in why @matelot was in the 3rd world.

Some of his views from his experience I concur with as I have seen corruption 1st hand in a 3rd world country too.  I do not tar them all with the same brush however as I also saw goodness in a lot of people from the same place.

I was working in the 3rd world and ill stick my neck out and presume @matelot was working too and fair enough if this is the case however I am happy for people from the 3rd world to come to the UK to work if they can offer a skill or something we are short on.

I really think we should mirror the Oz system for immigration, benefits should be off the table full stop as should the nhs for a number of years, health insurance a legal obligation for a number of years then when a contribution pot has been built up nhs access.

I think we have a lot of non British doctors and medical staff to use an obvious example and I commend them and respect them as they come here to make a difference to their lives and in the process they make a difference to ours! 

In summary we need people in this country and people who want to come to this country to pay for the privilege so we can stay great (couldn’t help the cliche) Britain as we have future generations to think about not just us in the here and now.

I went to India, Cambodia and Vietnam for holidays. I've also dealt extensively with Third World labour in the Middle East.

I agree that we should model our immigration system on Australia. 

1 minute ago, Mark J said:

Mate, if you travel anywhere with your views, you will be rightly denounced as a  knacker.  A racist one at that.  You're lucky we're so tolerant in the UK.

"Racist "? Well done for using your favourite word again.

When you travel you do realise how good we have it in the West. Why are we risking our nice safe prosperous countries by inviting in migrants from some of the poorest most violent countries on earth?

I think most of us here would admit that Europe is suffering increasing amounts of terrorist attacks. We all know it's the one demographic behind these attacks.... 

Ive travelled to places that are concidered to be third world countries with my time in the forces.

Had some good experiences some bad.

Its difficult to argue against matelots point-i would agree that some third world countries the entire political/army/police are massivley corrupt but you cant say all third world countries are the same.

As for the David Cameron quote ...

I wouldnt quote any politician as theyre just as guilty of corruption,lying and greed as any bent third world country official.

• Like 2

Matelot's a vile wee nazi.  We've discussed this before.  @skyhuck

I think it's important to give people enought rope to hang themselves.  I think we all know that some people's view just aren't compapible with blah blah blah.  He's a racist.  May the universe smite him and those who promote his ideals.

Edited by Mark J