Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 minute ago, Gary Prentice said:

I'm so contrite:$ for not thinking petal. I hope I haven't intimidated to the extent that you have to go to quiet safe space until you feel better. :D

I cant find a snowflake emoji so I'll apologise.

I'll let you off this once ;)

PS I'm aware some of my views make me as popular as dog turd ice cream with some people here...

• Like 2

[emoji3] I'm trying to be a bit more mindful in my posting, so as not cause offence to anyone. 

I forget that newcomers who are unaware of the long running jokes and general banter might see some posts as derogatory and/or offensive when they're not.

I find your sensitivity hurtful.
It cut me.
I've packed the car and bought a ferry ticket.
I'm away to see Mick Dempsey for a cuddle.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, matelot said:

Apple have a new iphone out.... costing up to £1149....

honestly, what type of twat spends over a grand on a phone.

6 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

I don't know who spends that kind of money for a phone. I've got an old 5s that does everything, and more than I need.

I've paid less for vans that have earned good money in the past....

Each to their own mind.

6 hours ago, Gary Prentice said:

I've just upgraded to a 5SE :001_tt2:

everyone at work's asking why I didn't choose a iPhone 7 or 8

What do they do better?  ( That I need?)

I'm aghast!

3 of the 4 most sensiblest (dreading Mr Bowlam's admission that he too might be a tech dodger) contributors to the forum openly admitting to not being prepared to swim a mile upstream through a river of excrement to queue up for days outside the nearest Apple store just to lick the hand of the first person to hold this unworldly treasure of consumer indulgence!?! 

Are you INSANE???

Watch this video, it's only 2 hours long:

https://www.apple.com/apple-events/september-2017/?cid=CDM-EU-4632&cp=em-P0018233-386402&sr=em

If, after watching that, you are not reaching for your budgy smugglers snorkel & mask, well, I'll truly despair!  

14 hours ago, matelot said:

I'll let you off this once ;)

PS I'm aware some of my views make me as popular as dog turd ice cream with some people here...

It's not your views, they're fairly commonplace and you'll hear them aired in most pubs and worksites, It's that you repeat them again and again and again spamming up the thread.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

It's not your views, they're fairly commonplace and you'll hear them aired in most pubs and worksites, It's that you repeat them again and again and again spamming up the thread.

Well which news items do you think are interesting to the average Arbtalk user? The items of news that people discussed on my worksite have been the assorted terrorist attacks and the Grenfell fire. All stories with an obvious immigration angle.... There's obviously other news, however it's mostly a bit boring...

Anyway, I see in the Guardian that John Lewis' profits have dropped 53%! That should be good for a couple of pages of debate ;)

Well which news items do you think are interesting to the average Arbtalk user? The items of news that people discussed on my worksite have been the assorted terrorist attacks and the Grenfell fire. All stories with an obvious immigration angle.... There's obviously other news, however it's mostly a bit boring...

Anyway, I see in the Guardian that John Lewis' profits have dropped 53%! That should be good for a couple of pages of debate [emoji6]

Let's face it, immigration and multiculturalism have been done to death on this thread (and others) it's extremely rare, if ever that anyone is going to change their opinions or world view just by reading someone else's conflicting opinion on a forum.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TIMON said:

Let's face it, immigration and multiculturalism have been done to death on this thread (and others) it's extremely rare, if ever that anyone is going to change their opinions or world view just by reading someone else's conflicting opinion on a forum.

That's for sure...how about some local news from small town papers? Some excellent comedy to be found in local news, a-la Thick As A Brick fictional front page (I forget the name) "Mrs so-and-so from no. 68 High Street fell down at 11.15 this morning while walking along High Street and is unharmed" There was a good one on Radio Kerry yesterday, when a couple of Sinn Fein councillors stormed out of a meeting over the council's lack of enthusiasm for their idea of flying the Palestinian flag over town hall! For real.