Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

15 hours ago, TIMON said:

What he also didn't tell you is that the pub is completely surrounded by the empty glass guys mates who have already killed the 4 pint guys friends and relatives and now they are waiting for the opportunity to get him.... he's just decided that unlike his already dead and abused kin. He's not going to go down without a fight.
Great analogy!
Cheers!!

Just to take it to it's natural conclusion Ti, the bloke sat in the pub currently nursing 4 full pints, but knowing that, at any given moment, the mob outside (and their mates from overseas) have made it known to anyone that will listen, that they are going to storm in a mash him, has taken due precaution to ensure that when / if that day does come, all the mugs outside should be aware that that he's got a big nasty club which he's going to use to ensure anyone that thinks they might want to "have a go" will pay a very heavy toll for their overt aggression.  

If only the bloke with 4 pints would give 2 back and the mob would stop gesturing and threatening....  Then maybe they'd be in a better place all round.

• Like 2

Just to take it to it's natural conclusion Ti, the bloke sat in the pub currently nursing 4 full pints, but knowing that, at any given moment, the mob outside (and their mates from overseas) have made it known to anyone that will listen, that they are going to storm in a mash him, has taken due precaution to ensure that when / if that day does come, all the mugs outside should be aware that that he's got a big nasty club which he's going to use to ensure anyone that thinks they might want to "have a go" will pay a very heavy toll for their overt aggression.  

If only the bloke with 4 pints would give 2 back and the mob would stop gesturing and threatening....  Then maybe they'd be in a better place all round.

If only......
If only the mob outside would give the poor fella the nod to accept the drinks back...

Who's round is it anyway? [emoji3][emoji173]️[emoji106][emoji868]
Shalom!!
  • Like 1

On 6 September 2017 at 19:53, Gary Prentice said:

To be fair, that's four people in the entire armed forces (at this moment in time). What may more to the point is that of 71 proscribed organizations, one is National Action, one's Basque and the remainder are almost all Islamic. Only read through quickly, but the list is here  https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/612076/20170503_Proscription.pdf

Do we hear of every arrest that the police make of members of these other groups, or only after a terrorist attack? I don't know, I'm just asking.

The list provides a very clear indication of where the predominant threat lies in terms of scale, breadth, organisation, capability and sustainability - fundamentalist Islam.

What I did find interesting was:  

PROSCRIPTION OFFENCES 

• wear clothing or carry or display articles in public in such a way or in such circumstances as arouse reasonable suspicion that an individual is a member or supporter of the proscribed organisation 

Leaves me to wonder....  Why exactly are we seeing AQ/IS associated flags displayed without immediate intervention to remove, arrest, charge and prosecute?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

The graphic is entirely intended to be scary Wes....  That was it's purpose when it was designed and published.

If you think of it simply as a 1 dimensional representation of border / occupied areas as defined by a timeline, it presents a fairly oppressive representation of Israeli dominance in the region.

But, when you overlay the history of conflict in the region - who started what, why and what the objectives were, it presents an entirely different perspective on the graphic.

If you and I were sat in the pub together and I had 4 full pints in front of me and you had none, someone that had just walked in might think - look at that greedy barsteward, he's got all the beer and his mate has an empty glass. What they wouldn't know by looking at the table is that I'd been letting you punch me in the face for the past 20 minutes and each time you punched me, I punched you back harder and took your beer.... 

The bit you missed out is where the guy with the four pints was bought into the pub by another gang, who turfed regulars of their stools to sit him do, just because his ancestors had once drunk there.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Sunni and Shia Muslims have been fighting for the last 1400 years, they are fighting as they disagree with the succession of Muhammed. If they can't live in peace amongst themselves do you think they can live in peace with Israel?

The bit you missed out is where the guy with the four pints was bought into the pub by another gang, who turfed regulars of their stools to sit him do, just because his ancestors had once drunk there.

I heard from some of the old regulars that had drunk there for years and years that the Brewery that owned the pub asked "4 pints" to come in and work the door as well, apparently they'd been having a lot of of trouble with a certain group of regulars. No one wanted to drink there anymore and the place was a right dive.
Apparently, business has picked up rather well, and they've done it up, in spite of it being in such a rough part of town. They still reckon it's best to stay out of the pool room on Saturday nights though.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TIMON said:

I heard from some of the old regulars that had drunk there for years and years that the Brewery that owned the pub asked "4 pints" to come in and work the door as well, apparently they'd been having a lot of of trouble with a certain group of regulars. No one wanted to drink there anymore and the place was a right dive.
Apparently, business has picked up rather well, and they've done it up, in spite of it being in such a rough part of town. They still reckon it's best to stay out of the pool room on Saturday nights though.

Who is the "Brewery"?

4 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

Quite right, I did miss that bit.... (This could turn into an epic of biblical proportions!  :lol:

This is going to be a bit trickier - bear with!!  O.o

So the Grandfather (of the bloke with 4 pints) had a pretty tough time with a gang from another village who did some really serious damage.

It was a difficult time back then.  This village and another village had been kicking lumps out of each other for a few years.  One village overcame the other village and got to make some decisions about how things would be run from then on.  

In general, most of the folks from the village that was stronger thought the Grandfather had had a pretty rough time and ought to be able to have a local pub to call his own.  Not everyone was happy with this though and the Grandfather wasn't entirely happy with the folks from the village running the pub for him.  

After a few pints one night, the Grandfather fell out with the folks from the village who were running his pub and he heaved them out so he could run it himself.

This kind of upset the folks from the stronger village that had given him the pub and the folks that had the pub taken off them so that the Grandfather could have a quiet pint there.

He was in a bit of a tricky situation from then on and decided, come what may, there'd be no more Mr Niceguy and no more being pushed around.  He knew his neighbours wanted their pub back but life's a bit like a poo pie and everybody has to take a slice.

:001_smile:

Not sure that works at every level, but I've got to stop messing around on the sofa and go get the gear ready for tomorrow so it'll have to do for now!

• Like 1