Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

57 minutes ago, billpierce said:

Remind me not to go drinking with you please. Anyway don't think they drink pints ower there

Sent from my SM-G390F using Arbtalk mobile app

There is a fair amount of drinking in the Middle East amongst expatriates and Arabs. You just have to be discrete...

One thing that surprised me about the Middle East is the amount of prostitution... It's one of the mainstays of the economy in places like Dubai.

The graphic is entirely intended to be scary Wes....  That was it's purpose when it was designed and published.

If you think of it simply as a 1 dimensional representation of border / occupied areas as defined by a timeline, it presents a fairly oppressive representation of Israeli dominance in the region.

But, when you overlay the history of conflict in the region - who started what, why and what the objectives were, it presents an entirely different perspective on the graphic.

If you and I were sat in the pub together and I had 4 full pints in front of me and you had none, someone that had just walked in might think - look at that greedy barsteward, he's got all the beer and his mate has an empty glass. What they wouldn't know by looking at the table is that I'd been letting you punch me in the face for the past 20 minutes and each time you punched me, I punched you back harder and took your beer.... 

What he also didn't tell you is that the pub is completely surrounded by the empty glass guys mates who have already killed the 4 pint guys friends and relatives and now they are waiting for the opportunity to get him.... he's just decided that unlike his already dead and abused kin. He's not going to go down without a fight.
Great analogy!
Cheers!!
  • Like 2

What he also didn't tell you is that the pub is completely surrounded by the empty glass guys mates who have already killed the 4 pint guys friends and relatives and now they are waiting for the opportunity to get him.... he's just decided that unlike his already dead and abused kin. He's not going to go down without a fight.
Great analogy!
Cheers!!

Honestly you've been drinking In the wrong pubs...

Sent from my SM-G390F using Arbtalk mobile app

• Haha 1

https://videopress.com/v/WrR4udIn   Sounds pretty extreme to me.

That is his "extreme" personal view which, as he said, would not be the law of the land.

I myself like it when politicians feel free to express personal views rather than lying, evading an answer or just constantly bleeting the party policy lines like most politicians do.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

That is his "extreme" personal view which, as he said, would not be the law of the land.

I myself like it when politicians feel free to express personal views rather than lying, evading an answer or just constantly bleeting the party policy lines like most politicians do.

Peter Sutcliffe's personal view was that God told him it was alright to kill prostitutes.