Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

9 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Is it possible that the nation could have a sensible debate about immigration without one section of society seeming to scream Nazi, Fascist, xenophobe if anybody mentions limits / quota's, timescales and the other sector not seeking to demonise all of a particular cultural / religious group?

Maybe we should just accept that different ethnic groups cant live side by side without animosity? America seems to have it's fair share of racial tension. Us Europeans also seem to have a fair share of ethnic/ cultural problems. Yeah, it's a nice idea having a society where all the races live in harmony (like on Star Trek) however it never seems to happen like that.

The problems in Ireland originated from Oliver Cromwell "planting" Protestants in a Catholic country. The troubles there lasted 300 years as a result of Cromwell's actions. If two groups of ethnically similar Christian groups cant get on do we have a chance of building a harmonious society with different ethnicities and religions?

Anyone up for chipping in for a genetic ancestry test for matelock? Might be a good eye opener for you pal

Sent from my SM-G390F using Arbtalk mobile app

Let's look at history...
Humans evolved in Africa before moving into the Middle East.
Then into mainland Europe.
And lastly made it to Britain.
That makes all of us African,Arab,European and British.
matelot what do you think your ancestors would think about you?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

42 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

Let's look at history...
Humans evolved in Africa before moving into the Middle East.
Then into mainland Europe.
And lastly made it to Britain.
That makes all of us African,Arab,European and British.
matelot what do you think your ancestors would think about you?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Mankind evolved from apes... Mammals evolved from fish...

Using your logic we are all fish... 

I think every human is naturally suspicious of something or someone different to what they have become to know. I think Suspicion is built into our genes and is an essential tool in order to progress/survive .Suspicion breeds fear and from fear comes defence, which then leads to war.These thoughts weather right or wrong are a big part of being Human and have got us where we are today... but we all try to suppress this as we are continually told its wrong and even racist.We even educate our kids to think they do not have the right to be fearful of something different or someone , they are told this is a racist thought that needs forgetting, when in fact its there rights to think what they like and maybe its even natural to think like this...I am not saying racism has a place or is right  but people do have a right to be racist ,they just cannot preach it.

At 13 years old I can remember other kids from another school wanting to fight our school ,for no reason other than we were not pupils at there school.

Also kids from a tough village down the road (Britwell)would come to ours to fight our kids just because we were Cippenham boys.

Humans don't seem to be able to get along with each other even when the same race,any excuse from football team to skin colour seems the order. Even if we all were the same colour ,from the same village and had the same life's ,it would then be about eye colour of nose length...there will always be something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woodlovergonetofbasthatshowitsdonenowadays:( said:

I think every human is naturally suspicious of something or someone different to what they have become to know. I think Suspicion is built into our genes and is an essential tool in order to progress/survive .Suspicion breeds fear and from fear comes defence, which then leads to war.These thoughts weather right or wrong are a big part of being Human and have got us where we are today... but we all try to suppress this as we are continually told its wrong and even racist.We even educate our kids to think they do not have the right to be fearful of something different or someone , they are told this is a racist thought that needs forgetting, when in fact its there rights to think what they like and maybe its even natural to think like this...I am not saying racism has a place or is right  but people do have a right to be racist ,they just cannot preach it.

At 13 years old I can remember other kids from another school wanting to fight our school ,for no reason other than we were not pupils at there school.

Also kids from a tough village down the road (Britwell)would come to ours to fight our kids just because we were Cippenham boys.

Humans don't seem to be able to get along with each other even when the same race,any excuse from football team to skin colour seems the order. Even if we all were the same colour ,from the same village and had the same life's ,it would then be about eye colour of nose length...there will always be something.

Yes, and it's that dynamic that keeps our cultures healthy. Harmony through conflict - by competing in village rivalry and being "soft enemies" in peacetime, we stay mentally ready for true conflict in times of war, when local rivalry is put aside. This principle is baked into our free-market capitalist system as well; advancement of the whole through competition of the many. It's this natural system that's under attack now by the feminising nanny state institutions - "everyone's a winner", no fighting allowed, everyone's the same....

6 minutes ago, TIMON said:

Read in the Express that the National Trust have sacked a gardener who has worked in the same grounds for 50 years because he doesn't have any qualifications.

Timon.

I got thrown off a site a few years ago because I wired a pump back into an electrickery control panel. I'd taken the pump out, repaired it and re-installed it, all was working as it should have been.

there was a fecking jobsworth safety auditor on site that had seen what I was doing and he asked to see my tickets........ I hadn't got any, so the whole job was condemned.......

when a qualified sparky went to check the work and 'sign it off' nothing was found to be wrong...