Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, Vespasian said:

That video is from the Saturday, on Friday night the Alt right were attacked by the thugs of Antifar, they threw bottles of piss and worse onto the Alt Right protesters..

As to the scenes in that video, I've listened to reputable commentators who said Antifar attacked first on the Saturday.. that vid shows a snippet of the days events, not the violence leading up to it..

https://www.facebook.com/OccupyDemocrats/videos/1655019304591117/

44 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

Yeah, I'm sure a Facebook link with "OccupyDemocrats" in it is bound to be impartial ;)

However watching the video was fairly inconclusive. It showed some Trump supporters letting antifa protestors run away. Honestly, if that's the "proof" that it's Trump supporters causing the violence you really are deluded.

I'd suggest anyone with a spare 29 seconds watches the video and decides for themselves...

42 minutes ago, matelot said:

Yeah, I'm sure a Facebook link with "OccupyDemocrats" in it is bound to be impartial ;)

However watching the video was fairly inconclusive. It showed some Trump supporters letting antifa protestors run away. Honestly, if that's the "proof" that it's Trump supporters causing the violence you really are deluded.

I'd suggest anyone with a spare 29 seconds watches the video and decides for themselves...

Unlike some I spend most of my spare time researching subjects.. I haven't watched a snippet of one vid, or read one article I've watched loads of vids and read and listened to lots of commentary, being as I sub to a lot of commentators on utube..

The most balanced opinions have come out the mouth of Ben Shapiro...   

A good analysis of whats going on and the history of the violence of the left..

Edited by Vespasian

1 hour ago, matelot said:

Did you actually watch the video?

What I see is a cowardly gang beating up one young lad.

9 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

Did you actually watch the video?

What I see is a cowardly gang beating up one young lad.

I did... I also watched the video that was in the comments below....

It seemed to show the "young lad" attacking Trump supporters... Poor guy, imagine attacking a bunch of people and getting attacked yourself. My heart really bleeds for him :(

5 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Yes, he's the very man I'm talking about.

I hope this doesn't come as to much of a blow to you Mr Johnson, but I agree with a lot that Farage says, he's probably one of the straightest talking politicians, (MEP) of my lifetime.

I can, and will always try to see 'It' from both sides mind, even though I do slant to the left.

what I can't stick is people that are so blinkered they only go in one direction.

I hear you Bro!  I hide it well, but there's a fairly generous dose of (l) liberal social democrat in my thinking.... 

10 hours ago, skyhuck said:

You are sad, frightened little men.

I smashed my face, a surgeon, a brown man, called Mr Patel made a fantastic job of fixing me up. He was such a nice guy and very skilled. I'm pretty sure he hates terrorism as much as I do. Why on earth would I consider myself any better than him? 

I've encountered far more people of my own colour who actions I detest, than those of other races. Obviously this is largely down to numbers.

I detest those morons in Charlottesville every bit as much as I detest extreme muslims who preach hate.

The idea that all the bad guys are brown and all the good guys a white is utterly moronic.

Could I ask a couple of questions here....?

What I'm reading here "appears" to be a case for a points based system of immigration.

There's no denying that appropriate skill shortages filled by appropriately skilled migrants, for a predetermined period, is an advantage to the receiving country (we'll have to leave a side for the moment the potential for brain drain in the donor country.)

Is it possible that the nation could have a sensible debate about immigration without one section of society seeming to scream Nazi, Fascist, xenophobe if anybody mentions limits / quota's, timescales and the other sector not seeking to demonise all of a particular cultural / religious group?

That would be a start....

....towards remedying the obvious disadvantages of long term, uncontrolled, unrestricted immigration that has resulted in the current dysfunctional, potentially explosive situation that prevails?  

And separating migration from asylum.

Why, for example, does asylum = citizenship rather than refuge and return?

If we continue down the current path it will end in tears.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Could I ask a couple of questions here....?

What I'm reading here "appears" to be a case for a points based system of immigration.

There's no denying that appropriate skill shortages filled by appropriately skilled migrants, for a predetermined period, is an advantage to the receiving country (we'll have to leave a side for the moment the potential for brain drain in the donor country.)

Is it possible that the nation could have a sensible debate about immigration without one section of society seeming to scream Nazi, Fascist, xenophobe if anybody mentions limits / quota's, timescales and the other sector not seeking to demonise all of a particular cultural / religious group?

That would be a start....

....towards remedying the obvious disadvantages of long term, uncontrolled, unrestricted immigration that has resulted in the current dysfunctional, potentially explosive situation that prevails?  

And separating migration from asylum.

Why, for example, does asylum = citizenship rather than refuge and return?

If we continue down the current path it will end in tears.

So you immediately consider this "brown man" to be an immigrant. He could easily be 3rd or 4th generation. If it were not for his colour he would be considered just like you and I.

Yes uncontrolled  immigration is a problem here, but I'm pretty sure that not the current problem in the USA, most of those people of colour have been there as long as the whites and were actually stolen from their country and taken to the USA, some may think they have more right to be there than any  as a result.

Yes uncontrolled  immigration is a problem here, but I'm pretty sure that not the current problem in the USA, most of those people of colour have been there as long as the whites and were actually stolen from their country and taken to the USA, some may think they have more right to be there than any  as a result.

Bit like the Israelis in Israel then. [emoji106]

Timon.

• Like 1