Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

7 hours ago, matelot said:

I think most of us here want to build a better society. We differ as to the best way to do it.

Obviously you and others thinking tearing down statues is the way to go. However that reminds me a little too much of book burning.

Where have I said I agree with tearing down statues?

I don't. Personally I feel a better response would be the erecting of new statues near the old ones, statues of those who brought about change and lead us to our more enlighten views. Martin Luther King, etc.

As for supporting either side in the trouble in Charlottesville, I think there were faults on both sides, but I know who I rather have as a neighbour.

3 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Would you describe allied forces in world war two as fascists?  They brought some substantial weaponry to the fight...

gittin a bit carried away aren't we!!..

We're debating the right to free speech and assembly.. and the threat of violence by those opposed to that freedom..

4 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

gittin a bit carried away aren't we!!..

We're debating the right to free speech and assembly.. and the threat of violence by those opposed to that freedom..

Nazi ideologies have no place in society, Or should we just let them kill everyone who isn't one of them?

Just now, Mark J said:

Nazi ideologies have no place in society, Or should we just let them kill everyone who isn't one of them?

You should address this point to antifar.. then again look at Stalin, killed a lot more people than Hitler ever did, near as well tried to exterminate the Ukrainians..

and everyone else who wasn't one of them..

4 minutes ago, Mark J said:

There is another ideology that kills people that aren't one of them.

However the left wing go out their way to defend them....

8 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Aye ISIS are cut from the same cloth.

So how come you lefties attack Nazis but give ISIS a free ride? It's absolutedly bizarre IMHO. A Labour front bencher is sacked by Corbyn because she wrote an newspaper about grooming gangs. You really happy about that? I'll be honest, I hate paedophiles and I think most people do. For Labour to protect them because they are ethnic minorities is downright sick.

Are you lefties secret BNP supporters? You seem to be forcing people to vote BNP because you ignore their concerns.

11 minutes ago, Mark J said:

11-2.jpg

If that's antifa fighting IS fair play to them.

However the fact remains that the main politician that wants to fight IS is Trump... Yet antifa spend their time fighting Trump....

After yet another terrorist attack in Barcelona I'm sure people are beginning to realise that the lunatic left wing are attacking the people that actually want to protect people from terrorism...

Edited by matelot

1 hour ago, Vespasian said:

Were the Nazi's fascists? Yes..  what is a fascist?, part of what fascism means is the forcible suppression of opposition..

Thus antifar are the new fascists..

I don't know how you can argue against Antifar being fascists by the way, in everything they do and stand for they are fascists in any definition of the word...

We've locked horns in the past, and that's all cool, we're all allowed to disagree (despite what some radical factions might believe) but you've got the measure of this...