Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

I'd prefer it if the people who keep us alive weren't worried about parking their cars.

it's a little known fact that civil engineers have saved more lifes than the medical profession. I think every civil engineer should get free parking and a new car.

Well, Hi Sur!

Have I got news for younsez.

The essentially rural LA I was employed by for 20 years, way out in the provinces, could not provide parking for its staff, who had to pay to use a public car park.

In the depot, staff parked for free, being a bigger yard, BUT, as the yard failed to accomodated the increasing work fleet, it was suggested that workers park somewhere else, instant uproar.

But, a significent no of workers get dropped off by other family members, or cycle, or indeed walk, do they get any compo for NOT requiring the "free" carpark the drivers squalk about?

I think part of the problem is that people a given a little information, but don't know all the ins and outs of private Co parking charges.

Often you are advised to ignore these "charges" as they are unenforceable, now this can be true but not always. If the Co has suffered an actual financial loss they can and often will take you to court and win. Parking after you payed for time or not paying is financial loss, so they win, nothing the judge can do, thats the law.

While my mother was in hospital for a long stay, my father bought a 3 month pass for the carpark. on one occasion he parked other than in a parking bay, he got a ticket for £80. I appealed, they rejected my appeal. I then told them they had no case, as my father had payed. The muppet on the phone tried to tell me the "fine" was because of "health and safety" I laughed and asked if they were the Health&Safety Executive? How ridiculous to suggest that a private Co can impose such "fines":lol:

I told them I'd happily see them in court. They send my father scary letter ever 6 months or so, I tell him to bin them.

I only offered a different viewpoint on how the parking and permits etc work.

Her choice to quit.

Do you really think she'd be fined or allowed to be fined and the fine stand for saving someone's life and being at work too long?

.[/quote

No I would have thought it callas and mercenary but that is what happened .