Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

However those people that park in car parks or train stations aren't parking at their work place.

Which bit do you not understand?

yeah, if someone drives to work and parks outside their place of work they obviously aren't really parked at their workplace :confused1:

I've tried to follow your logic and have now given up.

yeah, if someone drives to work and parks outside their place of work they obviously aren't really parked at their workplace :confused1:

I've tried to follow your logic and have now given up.

Have I lost the plot here folks?

If I drive to a work place I expect to park my van FOC. If I park in a car park or at a train station I pay, is that right?

I don't, what I'm getting at is I don't pay to park my van when I get to my work place, do you pay to park when you turn-up to work?

No I don't and I would go elsewhere to work if someone tried to charge me. People do get to choose where and who they work for though don't they?

As for hospitals though I think all parking should be free if you can prove a valid reason to be there, be that as a patient, visitor or working.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

No I don't and I would go elsewhere to work if someone tried to charge me. People do get to choose where and who they work for though don't they?

As for hospitals though I think all parking should be free if you can prove a valid reason to be there, be that as a patient, visitor or working.

Stop asking ridiculous questions then.

The whole point of this debate is nurses are being charged to go to work.

They could all go elsewhere for work, but where would that leave us when we need them?

Stop asking ridiculous questions then.

The whole point of this debate is nurses are being charged to go to work.

They could all go elsewhere for work, but where would that leave us when we need them?

No they aren't they are being charged to park the car which ain't the same thing!

Get a bus if they don't want to pay to park.

Besides I agree they should not really be charged but it's not a new thing is it!

No they aren't they are being charged to park the car which ain't the same thing!

Get a bus if they don't want to pay to park.

Besides I agree they should not really be charged but it's not a new thing is it!

Get a bus!?, our local hospital is 20 miles away, how long do you think that takes going village to village en-route?

My mum couldn't find parking in the staff car park, so used the hospital multistory. Had to get ticket as permit for staff parking , got parking fine for working way over her shift. Even tho you could see her permit sticker.....parking company told her to piss off basically.

Should parking for staff be free...yes, but if you have to pay supply ample spaces.