Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Ok . She obviously got what she deserved . It was ITV news this morning so that is the side of the story I got . She quit by the way .

I only offered a different viewpoint on how the parking and permits etc work.

Her choice to quit.

Do you really think she'd be fined or allowed to be fined and the fine stand for saving someone's life and being at work too long?

Think about it if permits where timed there would be no over time and without overtime for nurses and dr.s etc hospitals would collapse do you think they'd pay more to park longer or go on strike with unions to get parking charges put back in their box.

It's a shame she has quit but it's still her choice.

Who and where?

l work in London quite a bit and very rarely pay to park.

I can't think of one single person I know that pays to park at their work place, do enlighten me.

Yeah, no one in London has to pay to park :001_rolleyes:

most people that work in a city/ town centre will have to pay to park their car....

Yeah, no one in London has to pay to park :001_rolleyes:

most people that work in a city/ town centre will have to pay to park their car....

Paying to park in the city/town isn't at their work place. The debate is about nurses parking in hospital grounds.:001_rolleyes:

Paying to park in the city/town isn't at their work place. The debate is about nurses parking in hospital grounds.:001_rolleyes:

I think they should pay a nominal fee £15 a month maybe. But have no restrictions on car park use.

As for the nurse in question of course it's wrong re the heart attack but it did say something about the people in general being consistently daft by not following the rules (ignoring for a second that the rules are wrong)

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Many people that work in towns and shopping centres etc have to pay to park if they drive to work. People even pay to park at train stations before they get the train to work. It's just something that people in the private sector accept as part of life.

However it's obviously completely unreasonable to expect anyone working in the public sector to pay for parking.

Many people that work in towns and shopping centres etc have to pay to park if they drive to work. People even pay to park at train stations before they get the train to work. It's just something that people in the private sector accept as part of life.

However it's obviously completely unreasonable to expect anyone working in the public sector to pay for parking.

However those people that park in car parks or train stations aren't parking at their work place.

Which bit do you not understand?

Should I start charging our gardener for parking on my driveway when he's working at our property?

I think they should pay a nominal fee £15 a month maybe. But have no restrictions on car park use.

As for the nurse in question of course it's wrong re the heart attack but it did say something about the people in general being consistently daft by not following the rules (ignoring for a second that the rules are wrong)

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

They do, that's how it works it is 20 odd quid per month for a barrier pass and permit to park there when you want for however long you want.

If you don't pay per month for your permit and pull a ticket on the way in and tailgate someone out is that fair on everyone else who does pay?

No permit or ticket = fine.

They all know this before signing their contract of employment....

... but wasn't this the case about nurses who had purchased parking permits where only a small number of spaces were available in staff car parks having to park in other non staff spaces?