Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

So what do you suggest then? We never build new roads or railways again?

HS2 is daft imo! All it means is spending huge amounts of money to cut a journey by what 30 minutes? If you want to work in London don't live in Leeds or Sheffield or Manchester then complain it takes a long time to get to work.

Why could they not improve what's already there by making longer/more trains?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I live in commuter belt, lots of people race into London from here every day. The railway runs at the end of my garden, I knew that when I bought the place.

The difference here is these folk bought new houses that WERN'T next to a railway, no mention of it on surveys. There is no plan to have a station anywhere near the housing estate in Sheffield by the way.

It will devalue the properties that are left next to the line in this instance, hey ho!, it don't effect me, so feck em.

Not disagreeing chap, I hear you 👍🏻

and totally agree!

Some people are gonna feel like they've been well and truly kicked in the dangle berries.

If, after (allegedly) illegally entering the country, cocking a hoop at employment, immigration, housing and tax laws through complicity in sub-letting and black economy working, then losing the home some were never even entitled to occupy, equates to an entitlement to exemption from prosecution and extradition, compensation and re-homing...

Then those affected by HS must be looking at Honorary Knighthoods, a Royal palace, free train travel in perpetuity and a lifetime subscription to Amazon Prime.

Tiz only roight & proper M'Lord!

So what do you suggest then? We never build new roads or railways again?

Do try to engage it now and again

Of course we need new roads and railways, just don't build houses where you KNOW new railways are going to be sited.

Edited by eggsarascal

Not disagreeing chap, I hear you 👍🏻

and totally agree!

Some people are gonna feel like they've been well and truly kicked in the dangle berries.

If, after (allegedly) illegally entering the country, cocking a hoop at employment, immigration, housing and tax laws through complicity in sub-letting and black economy working, then losing the home some were never even entitled to occupy, equates to an entitlement to exemption from prosecution and extradition, compensation and re-homing...

Then those affected by HS must be looking at Honorary Knighthoods, a Royal palace, free train travel in perpetuity and a lifetime subscription to Amazon Prime.

Tiz only roight & proper M'Lord!

Objection M'lord.

If I was to suggest that we build a new railway through my learned friends property I think he would be rather miffed, writing letters and visiting every public meeting that was available.

Objection M'lord.

If I was to suggest that we build a new railway through my learned friends property I think he would be rather miffed, writing letters and visiting every public meeting that was available.

Au contraire my counsel!

I'd be shooting, beating and setting fire to anything associated with the project!

On a separate note, an ever diminishing pot, creeping inexorably further out of reach?

State pension age rise brought forward

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40658774

Au contraire my counsel!

I'd be shooting, beating and setting fire to anything associated with the project!

On a separate note, an ever diminishing pot, creeping inexorably further out of reach?

State pension age rise brought forward - BBC News

Is it not a nonsense?

What people don't get in state pension they will get in state benefits if they don't have savings, or private pensions.

Let's face it, no government is going to make folk sell their houses to fund old age, are they?

Au contraire my counsel!

It's an interesting one as it's in the same week they have announced lifespans are no longer increasing.

Still I wonder how affordable even 18 years of pension will be plus of course the ever rising cost of healthcare for us oldies.

HS2 is daft imo! All it means is spending huge amounts of money to cut a journey by what 30 minutes? If you want to work in London don't live in Leeds or Sheffield or Manchester then complain it takes a long time to get to work.

Why could they not improve what's already there by making longer/more trains?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

tbh, I agree...

I don't think the case has been proved for building HS2. I'd rather the money was used on upgrading/electrifying existing lines.

Do try to engage it now and again

Of course we need new roads and railways, just don't build houses where you KNOW new railways are going to be sited.

when you design a new road it's normal to have three or four possible routes. what do you think would happen if you told landowners "sorry old chap, you cant build there as we might need that field for a new road"?

the landowners will say "fair enough me old mucker, give me £5m compensation".

Au contraire my counsel!

to beat my favourite drum again. it's shocking how pensions/ state services are cut due to lack of money then we allow migrants in that suck up taxpayers money and contribute little.