Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

We may be close to an agreement there Mr E!

Not made my mind up how I feel about that scenario (not that it makes any difference what anyone thinks I guess 😣)

I'm pretty sure we're on the same page, albeit having a different way of getting it across.

If HS2 was coming through the new estate on which you had bought a house two years ago with a survey that never mentioned the planned new rail line I'd guess you would be pretty sick?

If the houses were the 3 story horror blocks I saw pictured, no bad thing, imho, good agricultural land is too valuable to be squandered on such shite quality developer built profit led designs.

mth

On the other hand I am impressed with our new A26 dualing job recently finished by PJ McCann, it properly enhances the landscape while actually improving the view from a moving vehicle. This impression may well be the wannabe but failed CE surfacing I admit.

Seems to me the students/younger generation voted Labour as a way to stifle Brexit..

What they may be upset about is the determination of Corbyn to get us out of the EU.. They voted for a spanner to be thrown in the works, not for someone to ease Brexit through Parliament..

Nurses get fined for not paying parking fees at hospital they work in . One nurse went over her shift because patient went into cardiac arrest so she stayed on past her shift to help bring him back . Got fined for over staying her parking ticket . Appealed , lost the appeal and got fined again on top . Not NHS but private firm running the parking . Its just wrong .

If the houses were the 3 story horror blocks I saw pictured, no bad thing, imho, good agricultural land is too valuable to be squandered on such shite quality developer built profit led designs.

mth

On the other hand I am impressed with our new A26 dualing job recently finished by PJ McCann, it properly enhances the landscape while actually improving the view from a moving vehicle. This impression may well be the wannabe but failed CE surfacing I admit.

Are you for real?, these are people's homes, Whether you like the look of them or not. And what about the people that will now have a high speed rail line next to their NEW houses?, which no doubt will devalue their property.

Are you for real?, these are people's homes, Whether you like the look of them or not. And what about the people that will now have a high speed rail line next to their NEW houses?, which no doubt will devalue their property.

Some house £ values may rise (not necessarily the desirability in the "normal" sense though) if near to a station or dramatically improved journey time / train capacity actually does increase - I think of it as madness, but people do commute long distances - apparently!

An hour & 1/2 on the train each way would be a jail term for me, but I understand some do it.

Nothing will appropriately compensate those directly, adversely affected I'm sure. And I expect there'll be a comprehensive round of protests and direct action.

I wonder if we'll see Newbury bypass style tree top protests and how it might impact upon those arbs in the designated areas. 🤔

Some house £ values may rise (not necessarily the desirability in the "normal" sense though) if near to a station or dramatically improved journey time / train capacity actually does increase - I think of it as madness, but people do commute long distances - apparently!

An hour & 1/2 on the train each way would be a jail term for me, but I understand some do it.

Nothing will appropriately compensate those directly, adversely affected I'm sure. And I expect there'll be a comprehensive round of protests and direct action.

I wonder if we'll see Newbury bypass style tree top protests and how it might impact upon those arbs in the designated areas. 🤔

I live in commuter belt, lots of people race into London from here every day. The railway runs at the end of my garden, I knew that when I bought the place.

The difference here is these folk bought new houses that WERN'T next to a railway, no mention of it on surveys. There is no plan to have a station anywhere near the housing estate in Sheffield by the way.

It will devalue the properties that are left next to the line in this instance, hey ho!, it don't effect me, so feck em.

I live in commuter belt, lots of people race into London from here every day. The railway runs at the end of my garden, I knew that when I bought the place.

The difference here is these folk bought new houses that WERN'T next to a railway, no mention of it on surveys. There is no plan to have a station anywhere near the housing estate in Sheffield by the way.

It will devalue the properties that are left next to the line in this instance, hey ho!, it don't effect me, so feck em.

So what do you suggest then? We never build new roads or railways again?