Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Now the BMElawyers4Grenfell, a team of black and minority ethnic lawyers (backed by - you guessed it, D A-bot) are calling for the dismissal of the appointed judge - because he's white

Yeah obviously a white judge cant understand the need of blacks. Next you'll have blacks campaigning to have special "black only" seats on buses...

Disgusted to read that it was the European Court of Human Rights that ruled that baby Charlie Gard's life support be turned off.

When I hear of the absurdity of some of the rulings of the ECHR, it makes me glad we're finally getting out of Europe

The ECHR didn't rule to turn off life support. They decided not to intervene, upholding the judgement of the British courts saying that it is “not for the court to substitute itself for the competent domestic authorities”. It was the British courts who decided it lawful to withdraw life support.

I don't see how on one hand you can be disgusted by the ECHR for not intervening and overturning the British courts decision, and on the other hand not want the ECHR to intervene in British matters?

The ECHR didn't rule to turn off life support. They decided not to intervene, upholding the judgement of the British courts saying that it is “not for the court to substitute itself for the competent domestic authorities”. It was the British courts who decided it lawful to withdraw life support.

I don't see how on one hand you can be disgusted by the ECHR for not intervening and overturning the British courts decision, and on the other hand not want the ECHR to intervene in British matters?

Whether they uphold a decision or overrule a decision, they don't have much of a track record. Maybe it's only the bad decisions that get highlighted but the fact remains that they have upheld a decision that prevents parents fighting for the life of their precious child.

Timon.

Whether they uphold a decision or overrule a decision, they don't have much of a track record. Maybe it's only the bad decisions that get highlighted but the fact remains that they have upheld a decision that prevents parents fighting for the life of their precious child.

Timon.

That's a fair enough opinion. I just believe anyone who disagrees with the overall outcome should focus on the decisions made closer to home.

If the treatment cured the baby it would make sense for the kid to get it. However we all know that any experimental treatment is unlikely to cure any health conditions.

I think the courts have made the right decision.

"We all know". ? Really. Do we?

If you look at the bigger picture, maybe, just maybe, this kid gets his miracle and if not his journey, however it ends may help others win their battle.

Once again the ECHR completes another box ticking exercise, at the expense of others.

Timon.