Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

And less seats were won by the Conservatives than they lost, a step back from the majority they had before May was arrogant enough to call a snap election, making a lie of her former promise, and the landslide predicted by her friends in the right wing press. Now she is reduced to courting a group with views that range from the laughable to the abhorrent as the only way of creating a majority that is slimmer than a gnat's cock.

Hi Felix she did drop a right one. Apparently she mentioned something about pensions and that lost her a load of votes. First time my old girl didn't vote

What is it with the mental maths labour supporters are coming up with today?Tory's are on a downward trend when they went from 11.3 million votes on 2015 to 13.6 million yesterday and percentage went from 36.9 to 42.4?

Has maths changed since I left school? [ATTACH]221365[/ATTACH][ATTACH]221366[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

The voting system hasn't. It's still first past the post so, until we change to proportional representation, the Conservatives lost ground and Labour gained. :001_smile:

Proportional Representation would have made a difference.

Actual votes cast:

Tories: 13,650,900

Everyone else: 16,892,339

I stand by my prediction for labour in the next GE either way.

Edited by Mark J

They voted against the Good Friday Agreement. They are creationists.

I don't see much sense in those two things.

The GFA ensured that the prison gates would be opened and some people (from both sides!) guilty of terrible things would walk free. Some others escaped prosecution on the back of it. There was some very unpalatable stuff in it.

I voted for it on balance, but only after a long struggle with my conscience. I also know many very, very, decent people who could not bring themselves to support it, nothing to do with sectarianism or bitterness.

So don't judge when you're not fully aware of all the detail.

Could the Conservatives not form a coalition with Labour?

The government would then have a huge majority, and if they all kept their pre-election promises things would surely look very rosy indeed.

:thumbup:

Problem solved. I for one, welcome our new Stella based overlords.