Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Whatever the result after today, IMO the most important thing is to make sure you do vote. I've met a few who either cant see the point -''they're all the same'' - or simply can't be bothered. Please don't be among them.

Even if you go to the polling station to scrawl 'NONE OF THE ABOVE' on your ballot paper, you will at least have given your verdict - if you don't vote, then whatever happens, you will have forfeited your right to complain about it.

If it's too wet for you to bother, then wait for a nice sunny day, take a gentle stroll to the nearest war memorial and make a silent apology to the people whose names are carved on it.

These men fought and died for many things - country, family, friends, but also for democracy - your right to vote. They deserve a better memorial than your apathy.

👍 I think more of an effort should be made to remind the newer generations how lucky they are to have a vote and what it took to get to where we are today.

Seconded. As a teenager I worked for a guy, and with a group of friends, none of whom voted in anything. The first election in which I was able to vote I mentioned that I had...the "boss" nearly dropped his spliff in his lap! "You voted?!?" I gave a rejoinder much like the above post and the general vibe at the lunch table was - 'vote with your feet'.....ok...and go where, exactly?

Sky news on at 10 I think to get a feel then just wake up to the results I suppose.

Do the Scots amongst us think kranky will walk it up their again?

I'll stick my neck out and say SNP will lose double figure seats and their share of vote will fall to thirty odd percent. That said, due to first past the post they'll still get majority of seats.

If the exit poll is near right its a shock. And shows what a poor leader may is. If labour are that close it's due to theresa mays poor campaign rather than jeremy corbyn getting better.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Arbtalk mobile app

I always think elections are lost rather than won, so your right, IMO.