Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Is this factually correct?, or do you pay 40% because your earnings plus Army pension push you over the threshold?

Yes mate, bad choice of wording by me! I wouldn't give it away out of choice!:001_rolleyes:

It's rubbish though really. I paid tax on all my earnings to accrue said pension, and then get hit for 40% when they give it back!

There are worse problems to have though for sure.

SG

Not saying it's impossible.... but just for clarity....

To breach the higher tax band on pension alone, you would need to have retired as a Brigadier on increment level 5 as a minimum.

The SUM of pension + other earnings, where it exceeds £45000.01 results in that part which is >£45000.01 attracting 40% income tax. That which is

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe

:001_smile:

Dave,

While I agree Corbyn and Abbot are "useful idiots" to anyone who hates the British way of life (the hard left) - McDonnell is dangerous. A nasty piece of work.

The Shadow Chancellor, here he is promoting 70s style 'spitting in the Manager's tea' militant trade unionism and bringing the government (and country) down with crippling strikes and 'direct action'

Does anyone really want this man involved in running our country?

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame] Edited by scotspine1

So why is the UK being targeted atm? Or is it happening globally? ( I admit I don't watch that much news hence my questioning)

If it is just the UK then surely there is a reason which should lead to some answers and ultimately a solution.

It's not just the UK, daesh,and you should call them daesh, are targeting all over the world on nearly a daily basis. It's just we don't hear about it. The reason. Daesh believe that Islam is the only way and we should convert or die. Many years of tolerance and acceptance in this country has allowed islamist extremists to what ever they want, and they do. They have no interest in integrating into society or adopting British cultures. There is Islam or nothing.

It's going to be a long task but we need to root out these daesh and send them back to what ever depraved sh*t hole they originated from. Even if they are British born and if the family kicks up a stink, send them back too.

I don't see the point in putting them in prisons so that they can radicalise others, get them out.

Let's stop the PC crap. There are many good Muslims in this country and they have to realise that action on this scale is needed and if they are not happy with that then maybe they should be looking to live else where too.

This is not in any way a racist rant before any one decides to go there, I am all in favour of live and let live. This is the truth.

Excuse my ignorance, but is there no other way that these nuclear missiles can potentially be dispatched? Are all other countries' nuclear dererrents in submarine form?

Submarine borne deterrent is: a) mobile; and b) undetectable [until the time of launch].

It's not just the UK, daesh,and you should call them daesh, are targeting all over the world on nearly a daily basis. It's just we don't hear about it. The reason. Daesh believe that Islam is the only way and we should convert or die. Many years of tolerance and acceptance in this country has allowed islamist extremists to what ever they want, and they do. They have no interest in integrating into society or adopting British cultures. There is Islam or nothing.

It's going to be a long task but we need to root out these daesh and send them back to what ever depraved sh*t hole they originated from. Even if they are British born and if the family kicks up a stink, send them back too.

I don't see the point in putting them in prisons so that they can radicalise others, get them out.

Let's stop the PC crap. There are many good Muslims in this country and they have to realise that action on this scale is needed and if they are not happy with that then maybe they should be looking to live else where too.

This is not in any way a racist rant before any one decides to go there, I am all in favour of live and let live. This is the truth.

I'll still call them ISIS. But otherwise well said, in the words of Sean Connery's character in The Untouchables,

‘They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He shends one of yoursh to the hospital, you shend one of hish to the morgue.’

image.jpg.e2d78fbbec5e7d5bc3c080f8d4e4c3ac.jpg

Muslim only prisons have to be a serious consideration now, given as so much radicalisation occurs behind bars - either from new converts converting for protection on the inside, or existing Muslims believing that undertaking a jihadi attack on the kufir will absolve them of all sins ans allow them to enter paradise.

Better get used to increasing 'cultural enrichment', as that seems to be the not-so-hidden agenda from the UN - have a look at this;

[ame]

[/ame]

''migration is inevitable, necessary, and desirable'' :sneaky2: