Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

😁

A matter of degree?

The lesser of 2 weevils?

Which one is LESS F&D??

I'd (under duress) admit to finding some appeal in some of Corbyn's policies, but for the life of me, I can't see how they will be funded to delivery.

There are just too many promises and not enough substance to support.

It's La-La land!

😁

A matter of degree?

The lesser of 2 weevils?

Which one is LESS F&D??

I'd (under duress) admit to finding some appeal in some of Corbyn's policies, but for the life of me, I can't see how they will be funded to delivery.

There are just too many promises and not enough substance to support.

It's La-La land!

Well, I don't see any other parties fielding candidates who have been charged with election fraud so I'm going to say Conservative is the most. The costings are in Labour's manifesto whereas the Conservative effort is just uncosted and frequently back-tracked upon. I can't see how people can actually know what they are voting for with the Conservatives. :001_rolleyes:

I think May's already got that one, Kevin. :001_smile:

Do you genuinely see a happy ending from a Corbyn government?

Not having a go, just genuinely interested?

I think a lot of his followers know it will end in disaster, but they hate the establishment and the "haves", they have little or nothing to loose and want to see the country collapse.

I'm not a fan of May, but feel under her there will be a better outcome from Brexit and things will hold steady until a better leader comes forward.

As for her "U"turn, when the £100K protected assets was announced I commented to my wife that I felt there should be a limit on the spend on care. It hardly seems fair that some one with a £1M home would be expected to pay £900K for their own care, when the person in the next bed may get all their care covered by the state. So when the fact there will be a cap was announced I was pleased.

I can't see how they will be funded to delivery.

^this.

Costing manifesto promises is just a spreadsheet exercise. Means nothing. The devil is in the detail. It's easy to say we'll raise a few billion from taxation here and spend that few billion on some crowd pleasing Good Things.

Corbyn is a patsy. He's done well to hang on but win or lose, after the election, the knives will be out and his leadership will be challenged.

If he were to win the election, there will be another general election inside two years.

And his ex- as Home Secretary? Heaven help us.

^this.

Costing manifesto promises is just a spreadsheet exercise. Means nothing. The devil is in the detail. It's easy to say we'll raise a few billion from taxation here and spend that few billion on some crowd pleasing Good Things.

Corbyn is a patsy. He's done well to hang on but win or lose, after the election, the knives will be out and his leadership will be challenged.

If he were to win the election, there will be another general election inside two years.

And his ex- as Home Secretary? Heaven help us.

What makes you say that? :confused1:

Do you genuinely see a happy ending from a Corbyn government?

Not having a go, just genuinely interested?

I think a lot of his followers know it will end in disaster, but they hate the establishment and the "haves", they have little or nothing to loose and want to see the country collapse.

I'm not a fan of May, but feel under her there will be a better outcome from Brexit and things will hold steady until a better leader comes forward.

As for her "U"turn, when the £100K protected assets was announced I commented to my wife that I felt there should be a limit on the spend on care. It hardly seems fair that some one with a £1M home would be expected to pay £900K for their own care, when the person in the next bed may get all their care covered by the state. So when the fact there will be a cap was announced I was pleased.

Do I think everything will be perfect under either party? No. I genuinely see a happier ending for the majority under Corbyn rather than what would favour the wealthier under May, although given the 'fluid nature' of her promises who knows? Trouble is, I cannot trust the Conservatives with the NHS and, after her recent performance, I don't think she can be trusted with Brexit either. Her tactic of deliberately trying to wind up the EU was ill-thought out, IMO, and she has shown herself as unwilling to enter the bear pit of debate. I thought from early in the campaign that she thought it was in the bag already and she was untouchable. The 'Dementia tax' fiasco of 'no there isn't a cap, oh, yes there is but we won't tell you what it is' has pulled her up a bit in her tracks but she still lacks the respect for the electorate to partake in any meaningful debate with the other leaders. There have been more u-turns from her than any election campaign can bear, including one on social housing, which really doesn't make me think 'strong and stable'. Thanks for a sensible approach to the matter. :001_smile:

Edited by felixthelogchopper

What makes you say that? :confused1:

If Labour win they will have the slenderest of majorities. We forget how little support Corbyn has from within his own party. Even as Prime Minister, I seriously question whether or not his party would remain unified around his leadership. And the unions will demand their pound of flesh too.

OK we have to consider fixed term parliaments but as we have seen that is easily circumvented.

The unions will want re-nationalisation of services to up there members and have more sway on striking the masses if when Tories next get in. Also if they are nationalised does that mean taxpayers pick up any losses or shortfalls and is that more £10p/h minimum wages we'd have to prop up?

Under the tories low earners have had tax bracket raised a few times which acts as a pay rise for working whilst keeping cost of living down in turn benefits down in turn less tax paying for benefits.

Increase in min wage will increase cost of living so benefits will have to be increased to stay in line so more tax needed to pay for benefit families.

Hardly rocket science.

Set yourself up for that one Mr E!

You got to shake off that old public sector spectre - it's management / somebody else's fault! :lol::lol::lol:

Stop now Mr Johnson.

Who's fault is it if Lads are sat on the job waiting for parts that the scheduling office told them are on there way?

Your attempt at humour is p1ss poor at times.

Do you think it's acceptable to have lads sat about in vans waiting for parts/materials whilst some dick in an office hasn't got a clue?

More to the point I've never worked in the public sector.

Get a grip man.

Can you tell you've wound me up?

Stop now Mr Johnson.

Who's fault is it if Lads are sat on the job waiting for parts that the scheduling office told them are on there way?

Your attempt at humour is p1ss poor at times.

Do you think it's acceptable to have lads sat about in vans waiting for parts/materials whilst some dick in an office hasn't got a clue?

More to the point I've never worked in the public sector.

Get a grip man.

Can you tell you've wound me up?

☮️ man.... 😘

(I know my "humour" is an acquired taste!!)