Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

I read today that 72 people serving sentences for terrorist crimes were released into society last year in the UK. Given the stakes involved anyone convicted of terrorist offences should forfeit their right to live in society..... end of!

We should look at what is happening to French cities and society as a cautionary tale. They are just a bit further down the same road that we are heading down.

I think that it is high time that Islam was shown some "tough love" in this country. You would think that the government would wake up and realise it's time to end the appeasement and excuses and take some proper steps to address the unfolding situation head on.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I read today that 72 people serving sentences for terrorist crimes were released into society last year in the UK. Given the stakes involved anyone convicted of terrorist offences should forfeit their right to live in society..... end of!

We should look at what is happening to French cities and society as a cautionary tale. They are just a bit further down the same road that we are heading down.

I think that it is high time that Islam was shown some "tough love" in this country. You would think that the government would wake up and realise it's time to end the appeasement and excuses and take some proper steps to address the unfolding situation head on.

Couldn't agree more if anyone wishes to harm are nation why should they walk are streets I can't get my head around hating some wear so much and yet thinking u should be free to say and do as they please 😣

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

https://mobile.twitter.com/54CaliskanT/status/844641392504852480/video/1

Abu izzadeen is still worth a google though... disgusting and should stay banged up for all time if this is what he in sites in his preaching.

And therein lies the problem. Islam in its purest form is not , despite what people say, an ideology of peace and tolerance. Just look at the countries that practice Sharia law.

Until governments are willing to grasp this uncomfortable truth , the people they have a responsibility to protect will always be left vulnerable.

Sad but true. [emoji107]

• 2 weeks later...
I had to "look him up" Mr E.

Interesting story.

Would / could he be categorised as racist (god rest his soul)?

I guess it depends on which side of the fence we sit.

Was Nelson Mandela a terrorist or a freedom fighter?

'They' were hassled by the Met Police time and time again. When the gavvers couldn't find any wrong doing they stitched them-up.

I can see why he fought back, why let the bastards get the better of you if you haven't done anything wrong? IIRC he was sentenced to prison for assault but freed on appeal, another case of being stitched-up.

He organised marches when no one else gave a toss about anybody's rights as long as they were white.

Just Going to have a look for my Che Guevara t shirt!

I've got a picture with me and him chatting at Notting Hill Carnival that dates back 20 odd years. He came across as a decent bloke.

I guess it depends on which side of the fence we sit.

'They' were hassled by the Met Police time and time again. When the gavvers couldn't find any wrong doing they stitched them-up.

I can see why he fought back, why let the bastards get the better of you if you haven't done anything wrong? IIRC he was sentenced to prison for assault but freed on appeal, another case of being stitched-up.

He organised marches when no one else gave a toss about anybody's rights as long as they were white.

Just Going to have a look for my Che Guevara t shirt!

I've got a picture with me and him chatting at Notting Hill Carnival that dates back 20 odd years. He came across as a decent bloke.

Fair one. I'd never heard of him until you mentioned it so thanks for that.

I think Mandela was a 100% good man with his heart in the right place. However I can't help thinking South Africa is going the same way as Rhodesia/ Zimbabwe.

I honestly think in 50 years South Africa will be another failed african nation.

I think Mandela was a 100% good man with his heart in the right place. However I can't help thinking South Africa is going the same way as Rhodesia/ Zimbabwe.

I honestly think in 50 years South Africa will be another failed african nation.

South Africa is an interesting case. They have the benefit of what's left of the colonial era infrastructure, and abundant natural resources, including a fantastic climate, tourism etc, but in terms of organisational ability, it's poor to nil. Still better than other parts of Africa though. Civilisation, (as we understand it) leaving aside the moral debate of who's in charge - is a fragile thing.