Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

Going by Hollywoods 'woke' offerings these last couple of years its clear that the general public do not wish to have this pish rammed down their throats.

Get woke go broke, at least on the silver screen seems to be a thing. Its harder to see the effect on the small screen as its easy to blame other factors, ie C-19 on loss of revenue and not that a sizable percentage of the population are sick to the back teeth of it. 

What are you on about?

You started with a rant about Hollywood's woke offerings, and then warped into something to do with televisions, and then went sideways to an angry rant about C-19.

Are you alright mate?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Youngstu said:

When you say the "likes of yourself" that appears to mean someone who disagrees with your point of view and challenges what comes across as your intolerance to alternative viewpoints. 

Just out of curiosity... Why a "beige utopia"?  it just seems a strange turn of phrase. 

What is the society that you " yearn for" ? 

Personally I don't have an issue with the current make up of British society and think that diversity spreading out from the urban areas will be good for the country as a whole,  and I hope for my children to be able to live in a tolerant and diverse society wherever they choose to be. 

What area do you live in?

Just now, Mark J said:

What are you on about?

You started with a rant about Hollywood's woke offerings, and then warped into something to do with televisions, and then went sideways to an angry rant about C-19.

Are you alright mate?

Yeh, all good here. :) 

Quite a warped and obviously biased appraisal of my last comment but Id expect nothing less from yourself. :) 

4 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

What area do you live in?

I think I asked you the same yesterday when you said that what was on TV didn't represent what you see on a daily basis.

I live in a South West village so the diversity on TV isn't what I see every day, but I don't have an issue with that and think it's good to see the diversity seen in other areas represented on our screens. 

17 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Pure and utter PC drivel of the highest highest order. 

Just in case you missed them in your urgency to tell me I was talking drivel again, I'll post the same questions again:

Just out of curiosity... Why a "beige utopia"?  it just seems a strange turn of phrase. 

What is the society that you " yearn for" 

5 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

cloud cuckoo land.png.opt729x513o0,0s729x513.png

I have to be careful what I say because I don't watch TV, the village I live in has one family of colour, they are Sri Lankan's that own the village shop/post office.if my work took me in a small radius of say ten miles the only people of colour I'd see would be in restaurants, takeaways and petrol stations. If Mr Johnsons take on the subject is correct it's not representative of what I see in day to day life.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Youngstu said:

Just in case you missed them in your urgency to tell me I was talking drivel again, I'll post the same questions again:

Just out of curiosity... Why a "beige utopia"?  it just seems a strange turn of phrase. 

What is the society that you " yearn for" 

This is exactly the same scenario  as last time I got into some semblance of a debate with yourself. You ask question after question after question and want explanation after explanation etc etc. Like I say PC drivel of the highest order. There are far more important things to worry about. Andy is right the worst thing is to react in the first place. I’ll do a bit of research and try and find an emoji or something to represent chronic PC,Woke,Beige sickness ??

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1