Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Guest Gimlet

I guess newspaper sales have gone through the floor with the lockdown. Pinko Press have really pulled out the stops to try and shift a couple. 

1 minute ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I’d prefer a war of words but you’re well off your form at the moment. ?

You're right. My hand has been in a cast for a month after a bike crash. My leg is mangled, but mending. I have too much time on my hands and I can't even hit my bag,
Hence, gnarly mood.

4 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Perhaps Murdoch has had enough of Boris.
There is no defence for the PM.
Apologies if I misinterpreted your reply.

It was just a return jibe after yr geographic handicap reference. Might have been too tangential. I was going to simple say I think your geographical handicap is worse than mine but thought that too dull. 

• Like 1

Just found out a friend of mine died of CV19 today. I think the hospital did everything they could for him. It was the virus that killed him.. not shortages of equipment or bad decisions by politicians.

The nurses treating him did the best with what they had....

I’ve read loads of articles, just about all of them pushing a political agenda, blaming Trump, China, The WHO (Tedros not Townsend) Boris. Iran, Israel Etc etc.

The simple truth is, that there isn’t going to be enough PPE, maybe if China had been more open about the danger of the virus at the end of 2019 we might be in a better place....maybe, but at the rate at which it must be getting used it seems unlikely...

To be honest I’m tired of reading articles that try to make political ‘capital’ out of this horrible situation, and I find myself despising the media outlets that are doing it...(On every side).

I’m grateful I don’t live in S Africa...

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

50,000+ £100,000 salaried ‘managers’ in the NHS. 

How come you keep dredging this figure up? There must be many organisations where the upper 4% earn more than £100k. Also where does it say consultants are not in that figure? I was at school with  brain surgeon who made far more than that out of the NHS before he spent half of his time in america. Staunch labour supporter too though he has ghosted me for these last twenty years.

My old boss drew a few million out of the company while I was there and that was quite a few percent of the gross turnover.

I've never earned or made much money but then I've never understood the quest for so much more, especially when I see what wealthy people spend it on but I can see a problem of governance when  measures to control pollution depend on fiscal controls which are a burden on those with the mean income and a triviality to the wealthy that are responsible for much higher levels of consumption than average.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mark J said:

So that's a no then.

Mark it’s a waste of time as your mind is made up as it has been on many occasions, to be honest If id posted as much discredited shite as you I’d not be banging the same drum still. 
The negativity is tiring bud, stick some answers or ideas up for a change eh 

• Like 5