99p Chainsaw!

Stumpy Grinder

I recently took a punt on ebay on a local chainsaw which said it may have had spark problems. I thought it might be a good little project - but didn't expect to win it for 99p! It's a Remington Yardmaster made in USA with a 12" bar. The chap clearly didn't want to let go of it but eventually did and may even have resulted in about 3 days work for me and a mate!:thumbup1:

61CB8568-EB82-441E-A1BE-8877D7ACD86A_zpshjbxji6v.jpg

once or twice and then put away for many years. Full of chain oil but some very stagnant old fuel and the chain seized. Checked the plug and it sparked fine. Put a little fuel in the pot and it fired. Wound a few screws in and out and off it went!:thumbup:It actually seems to be a bit of a small beast! Anyone ever used one?

Looks to be well made. The mix says 16:1 but I've got 50:1 synthetic Husky oil in which I think will be fine? Gotta be worth 99p either way!?

SG

Edited by Stumpy Grinder

I like it's actually listed as 1man operated.

Looks almost mint condition and to the right person it's bound to be worth a bit.

Always fancied having a collection of old saws, especially runners so I'd say you done good getting that for 99p

You paid 99p? Didn't give him a drink?

Couldn't even round it up to a pound as I paid by Paypal!:001_rolleyes:

I had bid £5, but to be fair it was sold as a non-runner and the seller took the gamble of a low start price to avoid listing fees. That's the gamble with ebay I'm afraid. I could have also ended up with a worthless piece of scrap.

SG