cabstar capacity

woodworm

Yes, you're right, I bow down to your superior intellectual debating skills. With reasoned argument like that, who could fail to be convinced of the merits of a truck designed for people who got agoraphobia in a Bedford Rascal.:001_rolleyes: Whats not to like? As long as you don't leave the tarmac, and don't mind being the first point of impact in an accident. And you're a dwarf...

:001_tt2:

I agree they are poor off the tarmac! are they designed to go off road? I've owned 2 Cabstars one oldie and a brand new one, what I want from a truck is reliability, decent resale price, tough enough to do the job, you get all of this with a Cabstar...

I'm 6'1'' and no the cab isn't really comfortable,but it isn't too bad. Talking for myself if I want a comfy work vehicle, with pleny of room to stretch out etc etc, I 'd have got an office job with a company Vaxhaul Vectra

As for safety I think you'll find they pass CE safety tests and the new ones have an airbag and huge bumper.........

Cabstar king of the small trucks! and I've owned the lot! by far the worst I've ever owned are Ford Transits, the first one I bought spent so much time having warrenty work carried out to it , it nearly broke me, the second, was just as bad..............

Edited by Lee Winger

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree they are poor off the tarmac! are they designed to go off road? I've owned 2 Cabstars one oldie and a brand new one, what I want from a truck is reliability, decent resale price, tough enough to do the job, you get all of this with a Cabstar...

I'm 6'1'' and no the cab isn't really comfortable,but it isn't too bad. Talking for myself if I want a comfy work vehicle, with pleny of room to stretch out etc etc, I 'd have got an office job with a company Vaxhaul Vectra

As for safety I think you'll find they pass CE safety tests and the new ones have an airbag and huge bumper.........

Cabstar king of the small trucks! and I've owned the lot! by far the worst I've ever owned are Ford Transits, the first one I bought spent so much time having warrenty work carried out to it , it nearly broke me, the second, was just as bad..............

What really put me off Cabstars was coming back from a delivery one autumn a couple of years back. Came down a hill into a narrow valley and got stuck - on tarmac!!! A handful of wet leaves were enough to stop us, and we ended up with my mate bouncing up and down on the back to try and get enough traction:thumbdown:

In the end had to get a tow up the hill - from a passing LDV!:thumbup:

What really put me off Cabstars was coming back from a delivery one autumn a couple of years back. Came down a hill into a narrow valley and got stuck - on tarmac!!! A handful of wet leaves were enough to stop us, and we ended up with my mate bouncing up and down on the back to try and get enough traction:thumbdown:

Unfortunately this is there only let down...........

drivers and screwdrivers

never had that happen in 10 years

although off road i dont find them bad unless it,s soft and thats what you get with a single wheeler rather than a twin

drivers and screwdrivers

never had that happen in 10 years

although off road i dont find them bad unless it,s soft and thats what you get with a single wheeler rather than a twin

Yes, thats right, its obviously me that cant drive. Despite the same thing happening to a friend in a Cabstar on the same stretch of road, and me driving a wide variety of vehicles off-road EVERY day, its obviously me thats at fault. If only I had your experience.:001_rolleyes:

Right, off to take some pigs to the local abattoir now - hope I don't get stuck in the field.:001_tt2: