magnetic business cards

flatyre

What on earth as what folk do in New Zealand got to do with what people in the UK do?

I don't catalogue them, they get put in a box on Mrs Egg's desk.

How often do you call on relatives or friends and see business cards stuck on their fridge?

You don't really want me to answer that do you??

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe you.

Think it must be a regional thing. Only once had a magnetic business card and that was for computer repairs and it lives stuck to the computer so it works.

OP if it's a novelty in your area it may well work. If everyone dolls them out probably not. I have 70 none magnetic in a tray to one magnetic.

If i order 300 reqular business cards i usually order about another 50 magnetic ones at the same time. I jokingly make a big deal out of handing a magnetic one to select customers by informing them that i usually charge £19.99 for the Fridge / cooker Hood magnet but on this special occasion it will be free. My fridge has plenty of business card magnets on it from plumbers & electricians to a gardener chap i know. They do generate some new or repeat business but it is obviously limited.

Yep. Please.

New Zealand like oz U.S.A and many other English speaking places are very similar to the UK in their population dynamics. As do non English speaking countries.

Western in culture, being materially motivated, affluent lifestyle oriented. As such fridges, freezers, dishwashers come as standard in just about every household. The fridge is commonly accessible by all the household and visitors alike. We have friends in the uk that have filled the front panel of the fridge with holiday magnets of where they've been.

Other people go buy purpose made magnetic notepads, calendars & timetables, whiteboards to stick in there fridge or them kids colourful magnetic stick on letters for kids to play/learn words.

It may not be for everyone. In NZ I saw firewood and zoodoo magnets, yes even animal manure from the zoo on fridges.

So in short we are a global village these days, ideas are shared,copied. Look at China.

What does Sweden, Finland, Germany have to do with uk folk. We speak different languages have different attitudes and culture. They have given us husqvarna, Stihl, Bahco, hot tubs, Volvo, Scania, Mercedes, even the Swedish candle.

NZ has given us the Chinese gooseberry on a commercial scale, commonly know as the kiwi fruit. Extreme activities. Bungee jumping, the jet boat. Along with everyday items in use.Electric fencing kit, fencing techniques and tools. Anchor butter, NZ lamb. Manuka honey, tea tree oil.The world dominant all blacks. Sir Edmund Hilary. The Britton motorbike.

So really unless one is living a life of monastic solitude in a remote place, many foreign countries are having an effect or even inspiring you ins daily basis.