Sequoia and Corsican for sale

Hi, I have been asked to price the removal of 2 Sequoia and one Corsican pine. The owners want to keep the smaller Corsican timber ( under 1 M ) for logs and to keep the total cost of the job down by me taking the remaining timber as part payment.

The 25-30 M Corsican is to be sectional felled down to 10 M. The 10 M stick can be felled and this measures 1.2 M diameter tapering to 1 M.

Both Sequoia are about 18 M tall, the fat one has a dbh of about 2.5 M , tapers quickly and is badly fire damaged at the base on one side. The second one has a dbh of 1.2 M with a very gradual taper.

The timber will be roadside with a big forklift on site.

If anyone wants to make me an offer, please p m me. Transplanted.

Hi, I have been asked to price the removal of 2 Sequoia and one Corsican pine. The owners want to keep the smaller Corsican timber ( under 1 M ) for logs and to keep the total cost of the job down by me taking the remaining timber as part payment.

The 25-30 M Corsican is to be sectional felled down to 10 M. The 10 M stick can be felled and this measures 1.2 M diameter tapering to 1 M.

Both Sequoia are about 18 M tall, the fat one has a dbh of about 2.5 M , tapers quickly and is badly fire damaged at the base on one side. The second one has a dbh of 1.2 M with a very gradual taper.

The timber will be roadside with a big forklift on site.

If anyone wants to make me an offer, please p m me. Transplanted.

My advice on that is don't get involved in that

Bad taper and fire damage means low (firewood) value, public access means nails and worse inclusions. Low volume means the transport will probably be more expensive.

If the timber is that valuable let the punter sell it, think of the extra profit they will make by cutting out the middle man :thumbup:

Don't take timber as part payment - tell them it'll be cheaper if they keep the whole lot, as you don't have to transport it, or it's part of the price to remove what they don't want. It has no, or very little value until split and seasoned, and even then, this is low grade firewood. Black walnut video anyone?

:wink:

sequoia is fantastic carving wood, we had some for woodfest wales a week+ ago and it was lovely to play with. My dragon was perfect in sequoia. BUT.... it sounds like those sticks have some issues. Id happily buy a chunk if it was closer but transport to Aberdeen would make it way too expensive.

Update ; If my price is accepted for the dismantles, a local chainsaw carver is going to pay the householder for the Sequoia, after I get them down on to the floor in suitable lengths.

At the moment no one wants the Corsican, so when felled it will probably stay on site as fire wood for the owner.