Tajfun 480 plus video

gdh

Is the grid before the conveyor really annoying as a heap of debris forms on the ground under it? 

It seems a better idea to have a screener at the top of the conveyor that diverts screenings into a bag or barrow.

I think I would block the grid up.

Is it possible to operate the timber holding clamp with the joystick with the access door open ?

Ooh and gdh - what revs do you run the 35 at ? I find less than pto speed (540) it struggles on the large sizes.

Thanks

Edited by arboriculturist

33 minutes ago, arboriculturist said:

Is the grid before the conveyor really annoying as a heap of debris forms on the ground under it? 

It seems a better idea to have a screener at the top of the conveyor that diverts screenings into a bag or barrow.

I think I would block the grid up.

Is it possible to operate the timber holding clamp with the joystick with the access door open ?

Ooh and gdh - what revs do you run the 35 at ? I find less than pto speed (540) it struggles on the large sizes.

Thanks

Are you sure that's all the questions? 

I don't mind really. ;)

The grids not an issue for us because we're moving between boxes but you would need to push the bits out approx every 5 cube if not. 

Their grader bolts straight on the end and I'm sure you could cover the base grate or just let it build up if it was an issue.

If you open the door everything stops and the splitter reverses so the clamp doesn't work. 

We run our 35x at 430 - the processor is designed for 400-430 and there's a display on the processor if you don't trust the tractor. We get no issues with the 6 but it stalls the tractor if you chainsaw and split 12 ways at the same time on big hardwood.

I was talking to our mechanic last week about a pto gearbox to turn 540 into 430 which would up the hp to.

12 hours ago, gdh said:

I don't mind really. ;)

The grids not an issue for us because we're moving between boxes but you would need to push the bits out approx every 5 cube if not. 

Their grader bolts straight on the end and I'm sure you could cover the base grate or just let it build up if it was an issue.

If you open the door everything stops and the splitter reverses so the clamp doesn't work. 

We run our 35x at 430 - the processor is designed for 400-430 and there's a display on the processor if you don't trust the tractor. We get no issues with the 6 but it stalls the tractor if you chainsaw and split 12 ways at the same time on big hardwood.

I was talking to our mechanic last week about a pto gearbox to turn 540 into 430 which would up the hp to.

Always nice to have generous people on here !

I've never heard of the pto reduction gearbox, that an excellent idea. Running the 35 at 540 and its in the power band and a massive difference. We have had no issues running at 540rpm ever and the processor is faster - change processor every 2 years though. ?

Edited by arboriculturist

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/08/2018 at 19:39, gdh said:

I don't mind really. ;)

I forgot about your post here - did you speak to your engineer about the pto gearbox?

Have you no spare tractors is that why you use the 35 as well as the great fuel economy? Putting hours on an expensive tractor not good surely.

In another post you said:

The conveyor is self tensioning so if you think you'll ever want a longer one I would get it and remove sections to shorten it as needed. The 35 is only just enough power, arguably not enough with the 12 way splitter so I wouldn't add anything else myself.

I agree, and I plan to buy the 16 way also !

17 minutes ago, arboriculturist said:

I forgot about your post here - did you speak to your engineer about the pto gearbox?

Have you no spare tractors is that why you use the 35 as well as the great fuel economy? Putting hours on an expensive tractor not good surely.

In another post you said:

The conveyor is self tensioning so if you think you'll ever want a longer one I would get it and remove sections to shorten it as needed. The 35 is only just enough power, arguably not enough with the 12 way splitter so I wouldn't add anything else myself.

I agree, and I plan to buy the 16 way also !

It was only a brief conversation while he was servicing another tractor, it's possible but one of those things that isn't essential right now so it'll be when we get round to it. 

We could spare a tractor in the winter but it's much easier to just leave the 35 on it all the time. 

The fuel on the big tractors isn't actually a lot because you can just idle 1000 pto but like you said it's the hours that's the issue.  Depreciation alone is £12 an hour on the big tractors compared to the 35 which is  on 10,000+ hours and easily paid for. 

48 minutes ago, gdh said:

It was only a brief conversation while he was servicing another tractor, it's possible but one of those things that isn't essential right now so it'll be when we get round to it. 

We could spare a tractor in the winter but it's much easier to just leave the 35 on it all the time. 

The fuel on the big tractors isn't actually a lot because you can just idle 1000 pto but like you said it's the hours that's the issue.  Depreciation alone is £12 an hour on the big tractors compared to the 35 which is  on 10,000+ hours and easily paid for. 

I agree, 35 takes some beating. Basic overhaul on a 35x is peanuts compared to anything else.