After some insight

Jack m

Hello all 👍🏻

I'm a 22 year old vehicle technician from Kent, looking to get out of the motor trade, I worked with an arborist when I left school over the summer before I went to college really enjoyed tbh.

I'd love to get into it but all I seem to see is people complaining about how terrible the money is? Which I'm surprised as its a highly skilled and tough career if I started I'd like to become self employed one day what's the market like in general at the mo, especially Around Kent if anyone's from Kent Canterbury area.

Anyway what would be a weekly figure as a rough estimate before tax as a freelance climber of average ability around here, just trying to get an idea surely it can't be as bad as people make out!

Looking forward to replies cheers guys 👍🏻👍🏻

As said before a good climber can earn 120-150 a day but to get that money you'll need lots of experience,all your tickets,saws and ppe.

Thats about 5 years and about 8 grand give or take.

To get to that point you'll need to start at the bottom draggin brash and chipping.

It looks great from the outside lookin in but in reality its a bloody hard job,climbing a slimey sycamore on a pissin wet day isnt fun and its one of the most dangerous to do.

Im not tryin to put you off just opening your eyes to the realities of the industry.

Edited by stihlmadasever

You're all forgetting about the birds, the glamour, the awesomeness, driving a pick up with your name on the side with your muscular arm hanging nonchalantly out of the window causing women to faint in the street.

£150 a day btw.

Dont believe the hype..thats just mick who causes women to faint:001_rolleyes: