oldest swingers in town?

arbogrunt

I didn't get into the industry until I was 30 years old, I'm coming up to 44 now and still (touchwood), climbing 5 or 6 days a week without any probs.

I'm starting to go down the trainer/assessor route as I'm not going to be able to climb commercially forever. Has anyone else thought about what they are going to do when they start creaking when they access the crown?

Also, what are the top age ranges that climbers keep going at?:beer:

few of my mates are already planning what there going to do when they finish climbing and there all under 20. there all planning to go to uni so they can be tree officers and consultants after they finish climbing. which makes me think i should think about it to. but im planning to have people running my buisness (which isnt started yet) for me. and ill just take the money and drive around in a mog. haha good plan, i think so!

all in all id like to team up with a few people i sub for right now and create a 'whole tree service company'

from groundies to consultants.. i would like to become a consultant but have no chance in hell yet as im loving climbing soooo much at the min i find it hard to sit down and revise etc...

i went and did a days work as a trainer at myerscough. they needed someone 1 day a week, all went well till i asked about money. they offered £10 an hour and you got a 6 hour day. i told them where to go. the students were also saying they were expecting £150/200 a day as soon as they left college.

ive reduced to a 3 day week and do assessing and easier stuff the rest of the week after 20 years of climbing and arthritus and stuff i wanted a way to extend my working life in the tree world rather than have to have a complete change