Tattoos in the workplace

JonB88

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears to be a by-product of our social condition to judge others around us. I think we usually judge and discriminate towards what we don't understand, or feel threatened by.

However, increasing mixed racial and cultural interactions around the world are helping to break down those barriers and the improved social acceptability of tattoos is proof of that.

Even so Tattoos are often racially segregated.

For example,it is not acceptable to many Maori for people of European decent to have Maori designs.In some parts of New Zealand you could well get a solid beating for that.

I once saw a "Roided up" Chav in Kent with Maori designs on his forearms,if he chested it about Murupara or Nuhaka with them visable he might be looking at skin grafts.

Having read some of the comments I might hold fire on my Brexit celebratory Boris portrait/Union Jack inking...

I have no problem with tattoos and think they're very high quality these days compared to the c*ap of old.

My only fear is that many of the 'scene kids' who have them in their teens and twenties now will live to regret their choice of design or extent of the inking when they settle into middle age.

Watching 'Tattoo Fixers' and Bodyshockers on TV has proven this theory to be true.

Each to their own though.

My only fear is that many of the 'scene kids' who have them in their teens and twenties now will live to regret their choice of design or extent of the inking when they settle into middle age.

Watching 'Tattoo Fixers' and Bodyshockers on TV has proven this theory to be true.

Each to their own though.

Absolutely, if you are going to get one be sure first

I like this one for humour

1382811330366360.jpg

For example,it is not acceptable to many Maori for people of European decent to have Maori designs.In some parts of New Zealand you could well get a solid beating for that.

I once saw a "Roided up" Chav in Kent with Maori designs on his forearms,if he chested it about Murupara or Nuhaka with them visable he might be looking at skin grafts.

A guy where I live blasted the roids and had a really **** Maori tattoo on his face. Surely that's a death sentence over there!

Was that Ross Smith?

I think it is important to look at it from the potential customers perspective.Neck and hand tattoos are generally unacceptable to the older generation who make up a fair percentage of our clients.

Agree 100% Recently had to apologise to a customer who'd I'd sent a stump-grinding team to. Both were plastered with tatoos and the wee lady was frightened. Made worse that she made them a cuppa and then they proceeded to help themselves to her garden chairs on the patio to sit drinking it, shouting and swearing, smoking right outside the patio doors and throwing the butts on the patio!

Agree 100% Recently had to apologise to a customer who'd I'd sent a stump-grinding team to. Both were plastered with tatoos and the wee lady was frightened. Made worse that she made them a cuppa and then they proceeded to help themselves to her garden chairs on the patio to sit drinking it, shouting and swearing, smoking right outside the patio doors and throwing the butts on the patio!

That's unacceptable, tattoos or not. :thumbdown:

Tattoo designs often "bracket" people to the era of their youth.

Tribal armbands-early 1990s

Koi Carp/silk screen on upper arm-early 2000's

Neck/hand abstract designs-today,harder to cover up and more potentially regrettable than both of the above.

I remember when I saw the first Koi Carp tattoo,I was most impressed.Now they are common place.

Likewise with the "Tramp stamp"aka "Arse Antlers".Now the once nubile recipients of those Tattoos have gained a few pounds and the once taught skin has sagged...