Tattoos in the workplace

JonB88

This interests me as I'm just getting into the industry from a background as a Royal Navy submariner for just over 12 years.

I have plenty of tats, none crude or racist and all related to the navy. I've always wanted my hands tattooing but in the mob your not allowed anything above the collar or below the cuffs.

Now I'm leaving I've just had my fingers tattooed with writing (more naval related stuff).

Interested in getting people's opinions of this would hinder me getting employed.

bae2d0cf26827ee5fb9fddae5cb47ed3_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone's perception of tattoo's will be different, but you will never be judged for NOT having them!

In life, there is a quite simple adage, in that you don't get a second chance to make a first impression.

My guess would be that much work may have been lost to tatoo'd and 'rough' looking types to those that are clean looking?

What about beards though!??:001_rolleyes:

SG

This interests me as I'm just getting into the industry from a background as a Royal Navy submariner for just over 12 years.

I have plenty of tats, none crude or racist and all related to the navy. I've always wanted my hands tattooing but in the mob your not allowed anything above the collar or below the cuffs.

Now I'm leaving I've just had my fingers tattooed with writing (more naval related stuff).

Interested in getting people's opinions of this would hinder me getting employed.

Cheers

That just looks like you cant remember left from right:laugh1::laugh1:

Cheers

If you had an accident and lost a couple of fingers it could end up saying OLD and FAT :lol:

Cheers

Depends on the outfit.Street Tree Crews or the bigger commercial outfits perhaps not.Smaller Companies doing mostly private work then it will.

Everyone's perception of tattoo's will be different, but you will never be judged for NOT having them!

In life, there is a quite simple adage, in that you don't get a second chance to make a first impression.

My guess would be that much work may have been lost to tatoo'd and 'rough' looking types to those that are clean looking?

What about beards though!??:001_rolleyes:

SG

Not so sure about that...I often get asked why I don't have any tattoos :confused1::confused1::confused1:

As for beards, men are supposed to have beards!

Save