makita EA 6100

spruce man

After more problems yet again with husqvarna 560xp I have decided to buy a makita 6100.

It will be getting used for full time forestry work . Are there any members on here use them

for this type of work . What faults if any too look out for and where can I buy spares online

like AV springs clutch parts and the like.

Edited by spruce man

Thanks for the replies lads as you know 560 is a good saw but so unreliable. Been out for a few years now

but still breakdown at an alarming rate . My local dealer sells a lot of saws but that many breakdown he has a large backlog of saws to fix. To many issues to mention with them so I thought I'd try something

else. I think I'll try the echo 620 next.

Can't speak from a pro perspective, but my first 'pro saw' was a Makita.

Beats the sheeit out of everything other than my Solo's.

Compared to my Stihl MS391 I'd go Makita every time.

However the Dolmar appeals because it's got the 'right name' and 'right colour'.

Shavey is definitely your first port of call dude.

Happy Independance Day!

After more problems yet again with husqvarna 560xp I have decided to buy a makita 6100.

It will be getting used for full time forestry work . Are there any members on here use them

for this type of work . What faults if any too look out for and where can I buy spares online

like AV springs clutch parts and the like.

Good choice :thumbup: :thumbup:you should get on well with that saw different shape too the 560 but perfect in the spruce forests , large petrol tank easy starter plenty of grunt and will get stronger after every tankful

My only recomendation is please use a top quality synthetic 2-stroke oil

The only weak thing on those saws is the chain catcher

I got plenty of parts for this model gathering dust :thumbup::thumbup:

Choosing a 6100 over a 560xp seems like a very bad deal to me, regarding performance, weight and handling - but each to their own.

The 6100 also is a rather peculiar design, as they had to "design around" some patents. They didn't do it because it is a good option, but just to survive in the market.

Edited by SawTroll