Brexit impact

Logsnstuff

Are you for real? Like we were going to get flooded by a million imaginary turks? Racist prick.

Harsh and unfair! Look at the size of Turkey on a map compared to UK and you will be amazed! Also look at some of the war torn other countries that wish to come here. But what you should consider is - how many of us wish to go and work there. None!!!! Why do you think that is? It is a one-way movement! It is not imaginary - it is a reality! That is real!!!

MS

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you for real? Like we were going to get flooded by a million imaginary turks? Racist prick.

Hardly raciist - if someone says - "I hate those blah blah blah" then that is racist. Stating facts is not. I've been to some major German cities, and believe me, it's pretty grim out there in places. We are still somewhat protected by 22 miles of sea so haven't seen the same levels of immigration.

And by the way, before I get branded a racist, I have good friends from many countries, and several different shades of skin colour - all who have lived here for a while are also concerned about the current levels of people coming here who want to change our country, rather than integrate!

The real division in Britain is not between London and the north, Scotland and Wales or the old and young, but between Johnson, Gove and Farage and the voters they defrauded. What tale will serve them now? On Thursday, they won by promising cuts in immigration. On Friday, Johnson and the Eurosceptic ideologue Dan Hannan said that in all probability the number of foreigners coming here won’t fall. On Thursday, they promised the economy would boom. By Friday, the pound was at a 30-year low and Daily Mail readers holidaying abroad were learning not to believe what they read in the papers. On Thursday, they promised £350m extra a week for the NHS. On Friday, it turns out there are “no guarantees” and Farage admitted on live TV that this was not true.

If we could only find a halfway competent opposition, the very populist forces they have exploited and misled so grievously would turn on them. The fear in their eyes shows that they know it.

Re the above. Not my words but those I've read but it hit home with me, sorry I know I'm not with the majority but I think we have been sold a pipe dream on brexit, people have been very naive if think this is anything other than political opportunism by Johnson, Gove and Farage.

Just my take on it.

Jez (Dirty-biker)

When I read what the EU leaders were saying about Britain after the result I realised how much "respect" we really had in Europe so providing we can get a decent government in place over here I think it could be a good thing we've left.

Why are people talking about Scotland and Ireland having independence. The vote was for the UK as a whole not for REGIONS??? So like myself who voted to stay just get on with it.

The trouble with the EEC in this country ''UK'' is the BLOODY bureaucrats in local councils,

how! and what! can they blame now for their inept way of running thing and to save ''money'', I can just see them now running round like headless chickens.

They really cannot stop any of us working now because they cannot blame Brussels!!!!:confused1::001_tongue:

I'd love to hear best case - worst case scenarios?

I'm not sure if Scotland will pull or if this is all just to get a better deal from London. But if they pull, I cannot imagine it not affecting England and Wales long term.

Sterling is dropping, but for how long. How far will it slip. Currency movement is a good thing if it's temporary; but this is a real stress test.

With jobs, I cannot fathom how things now will get better as a result of this exit.

Same with NHS, and if I was a junior Doctor from another country; I would put the UK bottom of my list; as this exit clearly shows the world that half if not more of the U.K. Citizens do not like immigrants, be they hard working, intelligent or simply fleeing peril.

Best case, sterling will rally in a few weeks and find a new level that serves the economy best; not the Eu economy.

The economy will grow, jobs will be created and prosperity and opportunities will follow. Everyone will say the exit was the smart move.

The only problem with the best case scenario is that is based on the fact that the UK stays intact (which is now being tested) and that the rest of the worlds economies or financial institutions do not fight or manipulate the UKs financial markets. There is great opportunity now for the US, China, Russia and the EU to knock the UK financial hub further down the food chain.

Divide and conquer!

I don't actually think that the UK will survive Brexit.

Not one to ever agree with Nicola Sturgeon, she apparently did broach the topic of a four country lock for the EU referendum with Cameron. All four countries of the Union would have to vote to Leave. He rejected this call. Seems foolish now.

The fact of the matter is that whilst the majority of people in Scotland do not wish to leave the UK, a larger majority do not wish to leave the EU. Between siding with an England that has proven itself rather intolerant of foreigners and the Scots, I'm surprised to say I'd side with the Scots now. It might be economic suicide given that Scotland does far more trade with the rest of the UK, but frankly, I honestly believe that the UK is fooked now anyway.

Oh good, I thought, a thread about the likely effects on the tree business in UK. A few pages in it is degenreating into another pointless tit-for-tat about Brexit. Up to that point it was quite interesting to hear a spectrum of considered insights into the economics of firewood. Can you Brexit squabblers please not just go back to the Brexit thread and leave this one to be about firewood?

I don't actually think that the UK will survive Brexit.

Not one to ever agree with Nicola Sturgeon, she apparently did broach the topic of a four country lock for the EU referendum with Cameron. All four countries of the Union would have to vote to Leave. He rejected this call. Seems foolish now.

The fact of the matter is that whilst the majority of people in Scotland do not wish to leave the UK, a larger majority do not wish to leave the EU. Between siding with an England that has proven itself rather intolerant of foreigners and the Scots, I'm surprised to say I'd side with the Scots now. It might be economic suicide given that Scotland does far more trade with the rest of the UK, but frankly, I honestly believe that the UK is fooked now anyway.

shes been told she can't remain in the EU from a regional perspective, Scotland would need to be indy and apply like everyone else and with a deficit of 9.2% we are actually below Greece any application would be rejected. Sturgeon has to do this because SNP is a 1 policy party

best news for britain hope now it will bump the price of cheap imported logs up through the roof as its ruining the small men here in ireland trying to get a living in the firewood game due to big men tramping on men who a few years back would of looked down at us firewood men how the times change