Show your tractors

Will Cobb

On 21/03/2022 at 17:12, drinksloe said:

That looks some bit of kit.

Does no one bother forestry guarding tractors now?

Seen another couple of photos of crane tractors and no roof /cab/bonnet guarding?

And are u not worried u get a branch throu the roof window?

Be bloody handy when ur squeezing under BT cables thou.

Final question, wots the benefit of the jake mount over roof mounting? ( i persume it is a jake mount?)

I can't imagine many folk ever take them off with the jake mount or is it a stability thing with the weight lower down

You get get all the windows in margard now so you don't need the guarding as much. Having had both id go with the poly windows rather than the bars. As for brash bars and belly plates if you go into the woods the belly plate is a must. There is a pair of acumulators by the battery that love to gather sticks. With brash bars the crane sits above them so you still beat it up if your not careful. 

As for jake mount it puts the weight lower down in the tractor which is better for stability. You also get all the long Kingpost cranes which can't go on the roof. Visibility isn't as good as you have to look around the King post but it's a trade off you would make. With the jake you can also put some long cycle cranes on which are meant for grapple skidding although you could bolt some big lorry cranes there if you like falling over.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Timbertom111 said:

Not mine but a friends. Gave him a hand with some winching the other day. He has a vast collection of tractors. All of them are immaculate but still get used as and when.

20220327_110039.jpg

20220327_110147.jpg

That looks brand new! K

• Like 1

2 hours ago, openspaceman said:

My thoughts too,

This is old and tatty on an outing yesterday. Pulling WRC off a slope where no thought had been given to extraction and I'm too old to haul winch wire up hill 50 metres.

2070125066_Screenshotfrom2022-04-0218-26-17.thumb.png.b5222034d9efe37f77d2aca24ddf17e0.png

Both are over or near 17000 hrs now. Although one has a replacement block and one has a Siszu combine engine. They're pretty tatty compared to a lot of gear about now. And need a bit of looking after and nursing along. 

But they're paid for and I'm happy to plod on with them!

I see plenty of shiny low houred gear in bits in the local agri workshops. Only a County would stand any chance of tempting me now. But I'm skint... 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 03/04/2022 at 11:18, swinny said:

I ended up with this not long ago

20220314_115846.jpg

That back actor looks way too big for the machine 🤣 How well does it dig? If someone made a back actor with servos I might have one. 

Gave my new kubota a work out yesterday. 

B8892DFC-94AC-4751-8556-3B6C8A2F6BD2.jpeg

0F6F6E4F-9AD6-4FA5-85AA-8C436FE1F6BF.jpeg

728D518D-00B2-49ED-9593-A902E8D45150.jpeg

63AEF92C-391E-401F-9D4F-DA53F6334128.jpeg

• Like 3

Like a dog with a bone that Solis.

Took me 4 hours to move all the wood from the work zone around to the owners property, lifting the rounds over the concrete palisade, then once the pile got too big, driving around the block to then move it all a second time.

The building plot owner refused us permission to remove a section of palisade in order to drive through, plus since I did the quote, either the seller of the building plot or the new owner put up a shonky fence thus denying us access for a truck and chipper so all the branches were handballed over the palisade and the Solis did the wood.

Still, as this was one of my more outrageously priced jobs a little inconvenience was easily absorbed.

The farm peacock has also snapped off the amber work light so I've that to sort out.

During the job we had a bitter hatchet faced Eco-Karen in an unwashed cat hair covered fleece and baggy hippy pantalons reeking of patchouli oil yelling at us several times during the course of the day.

I trolled her as she filmed us on her phone, telling her not to worry as had we already removed the nests before starting whilst pointing at a pile garden waste and that had to get a shifty on before the council realised what was going on and called the police.

Eco-Karen was apolyptic with righteous indignation and I half expected her to make a pitch the invasion or sit down protest.

The police municipale made a slow drive by shortly afterwards.

The owner had reluctant permission from the town hall as the council had hoped to award the oak a preservation order.

No nests present.

Stuart

IMG_20220510_165459.jpg

IMG_20220510_160952.jpg

IMG_20220505_123700.jpg

Edited by Ty Korrigan
  • Like 5