Show your tractors

Will Cobb

My advice is to set up some cvt profiles for doing different things. Have say green as road blue as forwarding etc so you can keep all your setting for different things

Oh and have one of the spool flows slow so you don't nearly put the ram of your ancient trailer through the floor when you send 200l/m to the valve to tip it. 
Not had the tipping trailer on it yet but luckily that's less than 3 year old and has massive twin ram's but will still be interesting to see how much quicker it tips it.
Good tip settings up the different driver profiles as different tasks, going to have the head guy from the dealer's give me a bit of tuition on getting the best from the options when I go pick the 131 up next week after a bit of fettling and sevice.

The Valtras are good gear boxes and handle well on the road. Just have to be careful on hills if you leave it in auto C D mode because if you run out of revs with very heavy loads and don't change down yourself it can start to roll back during the change down.

Also turn the engine braking down if you're in slick mud/ice or it gets interesting. 😉

Our 162 did the auto change between C D and yes it got me in bother one when it changed down on a wet road lost traction and started to spin so a a very quick switch on of 4x4 was needed. At least with the direct you have a handy button to hold a gear so no reaching round to switch off auto.
I found yesterday the engine breaking when on full and nothing on the back is quite effective as I ended up slumpt over the steering wheel by just taking my foot of the go peddle 🤦🏻‍♂️
All these little things to learn!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...