Show your tractors

Will Cobb

Oh-er!

How very bitchy.:001_tt2:

But no! the cab was a British sourced add on after import, made my "Westlode" if I recall.

I am not sure the clock hours of just over 2000 are correct, however/regardless she was very well looked after, I was told only 2 owners from new, a Linconshire faremer, then sold to Devon, and recently replaced (or so I was informed) by a 90 HP Carraro.

PS

On the home farm we still got the Fiat 640, purchased new in the middle/late 1970's, in as good nick, despite being worked like a dog on a stock farm.

An absolute bullet proof/indestructible wee honey of a tractor.

IF she EVER got a clutch it was only in the last 10 years, I recall she did after a particularly heavy silage season when she had to be kept in the low box while in the field.

Absolutly stupendous engineering.

I just found some photos that I thought i had lost of a contract I had in 1997.

The brief was to modify a tractor to launch an Inshore Rescue 21ft Rib over a steep shingle beach.

The tractor would have to operate in 1.25 metres of water, but may at times be immersed by breaking waves.

Before the customer would sign the cheque (for £30k) I had to prove the tractors ability by driving it in 2.5 metres of water on a rising tide.

Then I had to stop it, shut off the exhaust and snorkel valves and let the tide cover it. I then had to be able to restart it at low tide and drive it back to the beach.

These are the long lost pictures of the first sea trial, the tractor was moving in each picture. It was quite a unique experience.

Seatrac1.jpeg.f6bd47aefaa228fbcef40a3cf9cc37dd.jpeg

Seatrac2.jpeg.b18b63db1a671a60affeb48a28eeda22.jpeg

Seatrac3.jpeg.4a6f8151c1b4fa7d68288e2be26289f0.jpeg

5976642da640a_Seatrac41.jpeg.b7e2ddfb49f4ba299fac29086979e67f.jpeg

Seatrac5.jpeg.c4c3a857aacd8be67df22300c2c8b066.jpeg

Is it still there ?

It passed its test and they bought it in 1998. I joined the crew and launched the boat many times using this and the trailer I designed to go with it.

After 8 years it was starting to show a bit of corrosion from the constant salt exposure, so we replaced it with a very similar, but larger one.