Show your tractors

Will Cobb

On 13/01/2020 at 07:13, jonnygurkha said:

IMG_5179.jpgIMG_4609.jpg
My fleet: A 1950s TEF 20, a Pasquali Eos 6.6 and a Mc Cormick C85 Max. I’ve only recently acquired the McCormick, I have an old Fergy 3 Tonne tipping trailer but wondered what people’s thoughts are on the largest sensible and useful size trailer I could tow for transporting arb waste and general use. It is 85hp and has a hyd trailer braking port

I missed this earlier, and I too have been pondering buying a gerneral purpose/dropside tipping trailer, my old db 1490 used to be about 84HP too, and I reckon about 10HP/tonne, thinking back to when trailers were 4 t and tractors 40 or 50HP, plus 15 tonne behind a 150HP still sounds OK. 

So I am looking at an 8 tonne trailer, possibly on tandem axles to carry better.

Marcus

EDITED;

To say, that I been looking and looking and looking, and will prob end up buying new, since anything  likely looking 2nd hand is not neither local nor even in NI, so prob end up with a 6 tonner on a 400/60/15.5 tyres on a single axle, and probably a Woods from G Kennedy up at Dunloy.

Edited by difflock
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, AJStrees said:

Whats the age of the little beast?

White and chocolate David brown should be early 70s at a guess ?

im guessing at a 990 by the wheel height and with a power loader, a big cost option when it was new ?

just seen I was beaten to it sorry 

Edited by Will C
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, difflock said:

I missed this earlier, and I too have been pondering buying a gerneral purpose/dropside tipping trailer, my old db 1490 used to be about 84HP too, and I reckon about 10HP/tonne, thinking back to when trailers were 4 t and tractors 40 or 50HP, plus 15 tonne behind a 150HP still sounds OK. 

So I am looking at an 8 tonne trailer, possibly on tandem axles to carry better.

Marcus

I like my Flemming tr8. Some things like tailboard are a bit thin etc but overall happy with it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, difflock said:

Marcus

Both tractor and trailer have been sold now with the Herbst selling a month ago. But this was a fantastic trailer. 6mm steel all round, and was more than accustomed to a granite boulder landing heavily on it which didn’t seem to dent it much. And on wide flotations tyres it sailed across the peat.I didn’t want a drop side as not as strong and more vulnerable to damage. I can’t say I ever felt the need for drop sides either. Pallets maybe, but one or two can fit loaded from the rear.

44D870AE-8BA0-481A-A807-CEB84827255D.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ty Korrigan said:

A client tows the 150P with his grandfathers 1957 Renault 2 cylinder 2 stroke. Note the mudguard seating. It is in regular use though required Easy start.

My own Solis 26 is proving usefull though gears are far less convenient than hydrostatic and the endless crunching worries me.

I bought the same grab bucket I had on the JD1026r which is made in Sizun Finisterre.

Stuart

20200326_124444.jpg

20200326_122609.jpg

20200318_152058.jpg

20200226_132847.jpg

We run a 26 solis  ( ind tyres and 4/1 loader ) at work agree the build quality is debatable in areas but for the price can’t complain! I normally double the clutch which helps. Does the brush grab work ok ! 

20 minutes ago, youngsbury said:

We run a 26 solis  ( ind tyres and 4/1 loader ) at work agree the build quality is debatable in areas but for the price can’t complain! I normally double the clutch which helps. Does the brush grab work ok ! 

Totally empowers the machine.

For Arb work it is 'de rigour'.

Loading logs, moving masses of leylandii to the chipper or more mundane tasks like emptying a clients oversize compost heap.

Well worth the extra cost.

Stuart

20200325_161724.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ty Korrigan said:

Totally empowers the machine.

For Arb work it is 'de rigour'.

Loading logs, moving masses of leylandii to the chipper or more mundane tasks like emptying a clients oversize compost heap.

Well worth the extra cost.

Stuart

20200325_161724.jpg

Will look into it where did you purchase  the bucket again .Robin