Show your tractors

Will Cobb

27 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

Showing the Rhodys who’s boss, LGP style!

AFEC5224-D12A-45D9-801C-57AF635B8AA1.thumb.jpeg.3d813324725eb5c9b8da2db00abb2285.jpeg

It’s a bit soft underfoot - had to solo self recover last week which required a levitating Takeuchi!

B67AC0D4-BCC3-4BED-A8E9-5F0A8A94747D.thumb.jpeg.7be24f594aad1c9afaefdf70b3266d57.jpeg98B72740-13B6-462D-BE7B-79D02EA37DF2.thumb.jpeg.5851108399990e2f127eb8084540cc56.jpeg

It is still possible to get bogged with duals on though (not me driving this time, I’ll name no names!)...

4A5DA4D8-6D64-4F14-A72D-CF01E05BE5A5.thumb.jpeg.5b305c6126cd6a01e5ab951de5ac722d.jpeg

An there was me looking at the first image and thinking to myself, that does not look too wet.

P.S.

Nice wide tracks on the digger.

1 hour ago, difflock said:

An there was me looking at the first image and thinking to myself, that does not look too wet.

P.S.

Nice wide tracks on the digger.

It’s a really deceptive site - looks dry, feels firm, but opens up fast as soon as you break through!

We are opening it up for a new quarry plant - the earthmoving boys rolled in today with a 20 tonne Cat and a 30 tonne Volvo ADT on wide tyres. I mentioned how soft we had found it and they reckoned they’d be fine. They weren’t! Unfortunately no pics but the ADT took a lot of dragging out!!!

• Like 2

On 03/07/2013 at 22:45, william127 said:

Just got this nice and cheap, picked it up this morning, haven't really used it yet though

20130703_170954.jpg.fcaf7ae18b0e49107e71a46ac56157c2.jpg

So the tractor in this picture is long gone-at a great profit!- and its time for another! 

(I did think that buying a brand  new loader 2 months ago would 'scratch the itch' for this year, but apparently not!)

So any suggestions of tractors to meet this criteria:

4wd

80-100ish HP

40kph

Loader 

2 spools

£10000-12000(roughly)

Nice cab

Big wide door

Lots of leg room

Gear sticks to the side, not between your legs

3pl controls on the outside for easy hitching up 

My current contender is a mf3090/95, or a 3080/85 if it was in really nice condition for the right price. Reading through here Aspen Bob has got me tempted by a 3125 but I think that's somewhat overkill!!

I'm also very keen on the case 1056xl for the simple reason that a farmer/contractor 2 miles from me has had at least 20 of them and never got rid of any so there are plenty of spares and knowledge on them in the area, plus they are simple and just do the job. Not sure what they are like to work in/drive?

I will probably head to Cambridge sales next month- not to buy, I can't risk this much on an auction- but its the best place to climb in the cabs of many different models! 

Any suggestions appreciated, but I'm not in the market to buy right now, itll be a couple of months yet ??

• Like 1

I believe the brother advised me that of the MF3080/85 MF3090/95 models the "5's" were much better than the earlier "0's", I cant remember why though.

I would have thought the revered  International 956's/1056's were now desirable and scarce, ergo pricey?

cheers

mth

4 minutes ago, difflock said:

I believe the brother advised me that of the MF3080/85 MF3090/95 models the "5's" were much better than the earlier "0's", I cant remember why though.

I would have thought the revered  International 956's/1056's were now desirable and scarce, ergo pricey?

cheers

mth

I remember you saying about the 5s being better than the 0s when I got my 3060, that would make sense as its the slightly later series- so basically the same but slightly improved?!?

Prices of the 1056s seem a bit a bit hit and miss, but slightly up on 5 years ago maybe?

?

• Like 1

If I remember back many moons to my apprenticeship, the 2 main issues with the 56 range were the 2nd gear selector wearing to the point that you had to hold it in gear. Could be fixed without splitting by drilling the rear casting to remove selector shaft and then core plugging.

And people leaving the handbrake on, which on the 56 was a brake band round the main diff gear, meant said diff gear got so hot it could start to break up and chew pump and everything else to bits.

Would love a 1455 but they are proper daft money.

What about a maxxum, nice machines as long as correct rear end oil has been used 

• Like 1