Show your tractors

Will Cobb

1 hour ago, gdh said:

Looks impressive, I imagine their won't be many cars left on junctions. ;)

Will be interesting on roundabout car tries to just sneak though behind back of trailer and not see chipper till last minute. 

Looks like it would be mint for the right jobs.... do you have to dismount the chipper though for tipping ,You would definitely need a camera to hook it all back up?
Unfortunately yes it has to have the chipper dropped to tip but camaras going on tomorrow and a quick hitch A frame is getting fabricated to make it easier.
seen similar abroad Holland I think but not over here, 550? or bigger, clear some produce with that hope it works well for you :001_smile:
That's where I got the idea from
Yes it's a 12" 550 wispere
Nice set up but chipper looks low to ground for site work. 
It's lowered onto the transport chains in picture and lifts a bit higher for on site and I hope to gain a bit more with the A frame.
Will be interesting on roundabout car tries to just sneak though behind back of trailer and not see chipper till last minute. 
That's exactly why one of the camaras will be recording at all times to catch the buggers running into me and you never know might get a payout from you've been framed [emoji6]
  • Like 1

Sweet arb train! Looks the part. 
What is the capacity of the trailer? 
ie. will it take a whole days chipping?!

28m³ at moment, lid to make so might lift that a bit to gain another 2 or 3 m³
Really depends what's being chipped, if the chipper is working to full capacity being grab fed with a plentiful supply of material probably only a couple of hrs at best.

The big advantage of this is its a high capacity unit in carrying and chipping but with everything in line and rear feed so only takes up a single carriageway for roadside works or clearing narrow country roads on a closure rather than having to get two tractors nd trailer linedup side by side. Like we used to

I would be more concerned about the extra long nose, sticking out into traffic at junctions,

(and I believe the legal status of Unimog front mounted chippers, not winches as I appreciate, has already been discussed on this forum)

it is just that that front mount winch just looks awfully awfully "sticky outy" to my eye.

This comment based on my NI rural road junction experiences, never mind getting out of fields/properties onto the County Road.

Perhaps a man with a red flag in front is needed?

Good luck, an as they say over here "your good health to enjoy her".

Regards

Marcus

Edited by difflock
  • Like 1

Been carrying the winch on the nose for at least 2 years now with very little issue and it's there if needed and adds a bit weight to the front which calms a bit of bounce and helps clear cars out of our way [emoji6] odd junctions become interesting but again if you slowly edge out cars generally give way rather than hitting a huge lump of mettle

• Like 1