Show your tractors

Will Cobb

Is absolutely the easiest thing to start, the old done battery has been on her since I bought her, prob some 10 years ago.

She could sit for 3 or 6 months and starts 1st kick.

The charge light glows (reasonably brightly) all the time, but man she still charges the battery.

Fine in the our peaty soft ground, and very compact and nimble in among trees with the 5 tonne winch, but when traversing stumps it can get more than a trifle jarring.

Also bloody awkward to get in an oot o, though when used on stationary duties small and low enough to reach in.

I still regret that I did not buy a brand new/old stock square bonnet Fiat crawler, sans cab, for £10k, "once upon a time" say about 15 year ago, complete with 4 no DA hyd circuits!

Or, indeed the unused Same crawler, again without cab,  at a local dealership, I tink I recall £8,500 would have lifted her.

Silly man!

mth

1 hour ago, difflock said:

Is absolutely the easiest thing to start, the old done battery has been on her since I bought her, prob some 10 years ago.

She could sit for 3 or 6 months and starts 1st kick.

The charge light glows (reasonably brightly) all the time, but man she still charges the battery.

Fine in the our peaty soft ground, and very compact and nimble in among trees with the 5 tonne winch, but when traversing stumps it can get more than a trifle jarring.

Also bloody awkward to get in an oot o, though when used on stationary duties small and low enough to reach in.

I still regret that I did not buy a brand new/old stock square bonnet Fiat crawler, sans cab, for £10k, "once upon a time" say about 15 year ago, complete with 4 no DA hyd circuits!

Or, indeed the unused Same crawler, again without cab,  at a local dealership, I tink I recall £8,500 would have lifted her.

Silly man!

mth

I'v got a Massey Ferguson 130 alongside some old International tractors & the same thing, she had not been started "lets say" for maybe 3 years & a bit of heat & 7 or 8 seconds cranking,,   She fired 1st time when I tried her a couple of weeks ago,, " you cant beat the old stuff sometimes " :)

Waved goodbye to my old botex yesterday but have a new shiny slightly modified toy to be playing with, big thanks to Simon at wilsons for organising it and John there engineer for coming down yesterday and settling it up for me.
Sorry not the best photos but was loosing the light by the time I got up to the woods for a quick play. Messaging1518246021211.jpgMessaging1518246029171.jpgMessaging1518246097376.jpgMessaging1518246040744.jpgMessaging1518246044906.jpgMessaging1518246035432.jpg

• Like 3

I like that set-up, reach out, snick off tree, and place directly on the trailer, though the farmers son in me (i.e. regardless of any H&S implications) would be thinking best(i.e. most efficient) with remote control and being used by a ground based chainsaw wielder, i.e. all cutting with a straight back.

A second person with the chainsaw would be the obvious answer, but not as safe, or cost effective.

Regardless of my musings.

Enjoy your new toy/tool.

mth

• Like 1

I see what your saying and yes I agree to part, I can reach up 27ft at full reach and snip a top off and hold it vertical till near the ground then reach up and hold a pole while a chainsaw can step cut the bottom, move away to a safe distance then I can lay the pole down.
The knife is easily removed for this and the grab can be locked in vertical or horizontal position for what the task is but then I can easily swap back to the normal grab for loading timber or a 500ltr clamshell for chip and stump grindings.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gray git said:

I see what your saying and yes I agree to part, I can reach up 27ft at full reach and snip a top off and hold it vertical till near the ground then reach up and hold a pole while a chainsaw can step cut the bottom, move away to a safe distance then I can lay the pole down.
The knife is easily removed for this and the grab can be locked in vertical or horizontal position for what the task is but then I can easily swap back to the normal grab for loading timber or a 500ltr clamshell for chip and stump grindings.

Looks a great setup, I nipped up to do a deal at Wilson's and this JAK gear looked excellent quality for the price.