Show your tractors

Will Cobb

photo%202%207.jpg.htmlphoto%202%207.jpg.html

If anyone can get the image to appear help yourself, been a while since I used photobucket,

One of the best rebuilt 1174s I have seen , beautifull, belongs to a friend who has retired her.

Better than money in the bank.

A

Edited by Alycidon

I presume the wheelbase was kept as short as ever possible, in order to get the most steering angle, from the physically limited turn of the large front wheels?

Cos the setup looks proper odd to my young eye.

Yes, that is one part of the reason they constructed it that way.

The other is to get weight over the front axle. Empty it has a weight distribution of 60-40 and with implements at the back the distribution is 50-50

I like that a lot:thumbup1: My father used to have a roadless years ago, wish we still had it.

Full nut and bolt refurb, looks just like it came out of the factory. Odd looking back that a tractor like that which in its day was a big tractor had a drawbar hitch and not a pick up hitch.

A

When thes came out in 1977 they were the dogs bollocks, very modern for its time, when you went through town driving a county everyone took notice, even today that still happens, I still have one albeit a four cylinder unlike the six cylinder in the picture, can't beat a county,

• 2 weeks later...
A 4WD Ursus 475, getting ready for some bog work this summer. Nice example with doubles all round.

Ooh ooh ooh, I like that a lot, was it easy to find duals for it and how long does it take to fit them, I want to do the same to my Same for fencing and drainage work in the peat but would have to take them in a trailer and fit onsite as bridges and lanes would be too narrow.