Nissan Cabstar

samarb

I'm in the process of purchasing a new vehicle and am interested in the thoughts and opinions of owners of the Nissan Cabstar. I will be purchasing a new one, more than likely with a tipper already on it. Is there any conversion problems with aftermarket full arb bodies? Or is it easier with chassis cab.

£1k cheaper for chassis cab, £5k to put body on. Money is not really the concern here, it comes down to image, usability and ease of converting. Tipper seemed like a good idea as could get it to work ASAP and I could worry about getting professional body if we ever get quite. But it would look a little cheap and thrown together compared to Landy.

£1k cheaper for chassis cab, £5k to put body on. Money is not really the concern here, it comes down to image, usability and ease of converting. Tipper seemed like a good idea as could get it to work ASAP and I could worry about getting professional body if we ever get quite. But it would look a little cheap and thrown together compared to Landy.

Gotta be better than the van in yer profile pic! Cabstar is ideal or an Isuzu Grafter .

Very good trucks get a swb it ll hold more legally than any other. Get up rated suspension also just keeps it looking better when your abit more loaded and hitched up to trailers. Some decent tyres and it ll go more places than you ll originally thought of. Probably the best arb in the 3.5t range. Yes it abit friendly with three in the cab but it ticks most boxes.

I've just got a new one!

Not as wide as a transit or Iveco but it does have a longer body at just over 12ft.

5 year warranty, limited slip rear diff.

Plenty of power, good with load although a bit bumpy without.

Make sure you get mwb, twin rear wheels.

I got a factory tipper but I'm having it converted to an arb spec back in August for £4k ish.ImageUploadedByArbtalk1466362435.695156.jpg.a095644576c3214b0c32c9b49bafccad.jpg

Very good trucks get a swb it ll hold more legally than any other. Get up rated suspension also just keeps it looking better when your abit more loaded and hitched up to trailers. Some decent tyres and it ll go more places than you ll originally thought of. Probably the best arb in the 3.5t range. Yes it abit friendly with three in the cab but it ticks most boxes.

A lad I know with one of these trucks fitted with an arb body got pulled by vosa, his passenger ( one) had to get a cab home because with a few tools in the locker the front axle was over even though there was virtually nothing in the tipper. I would suggest a lwb and no locker for this reason.

Bob