Husqvarna 555 warranty issues

njm

Chap i know purchased a 555 10 months ago , saw was converted to 3/8 by the dealer ,in December last year the saw started running lean /very high tickover lack of power ect / saw was taken back to the supplying Husqvarna dealer .

Now nearly 6 months down the line the dealer still has the saw and has stated that the saw is not under warranty as it has been running 3/8 chain ! .

Anyone have any thoughts on this ?

Take the saw to another dealer One has to ask why the customer let it go on for so long. Either way he should get some sort of support

3/8 conversion parts are listed on the parts lists so how does he explain that I wonder??

Edited by Sveriges

Take the saw to another dealer One has to ask why the customer let it go on for so long. Either way you should get some support

3/8 conversion parts are listed on the parts lists so how does he explain that I wonder??

The dealer has been stringing him along for months with tales of this that and the other , i have a funny feeling this saw has had a warranty claim made against it before it even left its box !

Appalling service really name and shame I say!

Not my place as it is not my saw , i was asked for my opinion by the owner of the saw , 99% sure the saw has run a crank bearing so i just cant see why there should be a big issue for warranty , he has tried to retrieve the saw from the dealer on a few occasions !

Good chance they might have ballsed it up trying to repair it!! Wrecked a set of cases and now want to wash there hands of it. Sending it away will just embarrass them further as it will be obvious someone's tried braying a set of new bearings in. Dealer doesn't want to pay out his own pocket so easiest thing blame the customer tell him it's scrap and not under warranty!

Bit synical maybe........ But why else would you not send it for someone else to look at

Good chance they might have ballsed it up trying to repair it!! Wrecked a set of cases and now want to wash there hands of it. Sending it away will just embarrass them further as it will be obvious someone's tried braying a set of new bearings in. Dealer doesn't want to pay out his own pocket so easiest thing blame the customer tell him it's scrap and not under warranty!

Bit synical maybe........ But why else would you not send it for someone else to look at

Never thought of that ! knowing the dealer a spark plug would be about there limit on a modern saw .