Hall of shame

aspenarb

11 hours ago, Gary Prentice said:

They'll grow back into a nice new hedge, guy!

I'll run ya down to the cash point now then, shall I?

Apparently pulled over with an estate car and a rope, there was also an injury that needed hospital treatment :scared1:

Bob

• Sad 1

Sorry b0D, not arb work but I thought you might appreciate the workmanship that went into this pipework....... It wasn't my fault guv, I just did what I could with what I had, honest.

As you can see the turf layers where in next to us so that hole needed filling that day.

IMG_0653.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Sorry b0D, not arb work but I thought you might appreciate the workmanship that went into this pipework....... It wasn't my fault guv, I just did what I could with what I had, honest.

As you can see the turf layers where in next to us so that hole needed filling that day.

Kinellh e6G who signed that off ? Blunkett!

boD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, aspenarb said:

Kinellh e6G who signed that off ? Blunkett!

boD

I was subbing into a company that were subbing into a company that were subbing into Kier. The company that were doing the groundwork thought that the rising main we needed to connect to was the land drain, (where the lay-flat is). In the end it was a case of 'get it conected, by any means'.  I'm not here to judge if it's right, or wrong, I'm here to earn my money...... If that's how they want it, that's how I'll do it. Good luck to them if it ever gets blocked. I'm guessing it was backfilled before anyone saw it.

• Like 1

Kier are terrible.

They just 'allegedly' built a fancy leisure centre near me, think only lasted 5 years, been shut for last 3-4 attempting to fix it.

Built the olympic sized swimming pool too short!!

I just heard a rumour that the new fully fixed pool is losing serious ammounts of water and walls  are doing wot there meant too.

Just a shambles from start to finish

Reckon te new refurb'd centre will be lucky to last 10yrs, all council tax payers money.

Quite ironic when the old pool it replaced was donkeys years old, fair enough a bit run down/old fashioned but it still done wot it had too (ie held water)

There should be QS's or someone on site to stop stuff like that happening, but thats the problem with a load of subbies

1 hour ago, drinksloe said:

Kier are terrible.

They just 'allegedly' built a fancy leisure centre near me, think only lasted 5 years, been shut for last 3-4 attempting to fix it.

Built the olympic sized swimming pool too short!!

I just heard a rumour that the new fully fixed pool is losing serious ammounts of water and walls  are doing wot there meant too.

Just a shambles from start to finish

Reckon te new refurb'd centre will be lucky to last 10yrs, all council tax payers money.

Quite ironic when the old pool it replaced was donkeys years old, fair enough a bit run down/old fashioned but it still done wot it had too (ie held water)

There should be QS's or someone on site to stop stuff like that happening, but thats the problem with a load of subbies

What as having a 'load of subbies' got to do with it?

Kier's man asked me to connect it by any means. Are you suggesting that if Kier's own lads were doing the work it would have been any different?

The reason that job was bodged was because who ever installed the tank sited it in the wrong place, the mistake should have been picked-up way before we got there and had to start digging to find the correct pipe.

Edited by eggsarascal

That's sort of wot i mean if 1 companies men done all the work they would have to fix/deal that themselves, or even if a different squad came in they'd have an idea who done the work and give them stick for it.

Same when u have 1st fix joinrs and finishing joiners some 1st fix aren't too bothered if door styles plumb/square as they do have to fit the door, not really fair onthe next boys who have to fix the mess

When u have loads of completely unrelated subbies, sadly many don't care about the next squad to come in and just stick thing in the easiest way for them or the most bonus pay.

Been there and done it, i remebering years ago labouring to some brickies, got sent to build a 6ft garden wall as next houses/lifts weren't ready so effectively sealing off a decent vehicle/machine access to the back gardens of 4 or 5 houses.

I even had a word with the site foreman about it told to carry on, poor ground workers had to barrow tons and tons of top soil in and level gardens with a tiny min digger as wee had walled up the access.

Many subbies don't really care how there work affects other trades or subbies (even if the work there doing is up to standard)

I bet if u done the original work u would either have brought the right gear to do the job or sited the  tank in the correct position in the 1st place cos u know u have to tie into it again later.

7 minutes ago, drinksloe said:

That's sort of wot i mean if 1 companies men done all the work they would have to fix/deal that themselves, or even if a different squad came in they'd have an idea who done the work and give them stick for it.

Same when u have 1st fix joinrs and finishing joiners some 1st fix aren't too bothered if door styles plumb/square as they do have to fit the door, not really fair onthe next boys who have to fix the mess

When u have loads of completely unrelated subbies, sadly many don't care about the next squad to come in and just stick thing in the easiest way for them or the most bonus pay.

Been there and done it, i remebering years ago labouring to some brickies, got sent to build a 6ft garden wall as next houses/lifts weren't ready so effectively sealing off a decent vehicle/machine access to the back gardens of 4 or 5 houses.

I even had a word with the site foreman about it told to carry on, poor ground workers had to barrow tons and tons of top soil in and level gardens with a tiny min digger as wee had walled up the access.

Many subbies don't really care how there work affects other trades or subbies (even if the work there doing is up to standard)

I bet if u done the original work u would either have brought the right gear to do the job or sited the  tank in the correct position in the 1st place cos u know u have to tie into it again later.

I get where you're coming from now. The whole lot was a shambles, the bottom of the tank had 'bubbled' so fitting the pump stools was fun, and the base for the kiosk/control panel was in the wrong place. We got 'there' in the end but I wouldn't be showing that workmanship if I was trying to sell myself.

• Like 1