Sudden death in garden Cedar

Ian88

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early Honey fungus then?

They want a price for take down, logging timber and the stump will be ground out. should I be disinfecting gear and thinking carefully about what I do with the chip? Also burning the arising from stump grinding?

2m3fm0w.jpg

51sc9c.jpg

2rxwa6q.jpg

In my opinion, there's still a lot of speculation about this and not too many hard facts.

It has to be difficult to give any absolutes for any researcher.

I have in the passed removed all grindings, replaced with fresh topsoil and told them not to replant whatever was killed by it.

Don't see what else can be done.

Have the ground levels been altered in the garden? The levels around the base of the tree look odd (particularly in the 4th pic in the original post).

I thought that when I first saw the pics....looks like turf has been possibly laid over some of the butresses?

In my experience nothing is sudden with trees.

So whatever did for it probably been happening over several years.

Once tree is leaked other things move in and have a go, sending tree into terminal decline.

To me it looks like good lawn under it so probably been treated with selective herbicide, not good for trees and not very much flare on buttress roots so levels have probably been changed, not good for trees.

Only my best guess.

Be careful of those powerlines when you fell it, make sure they are turned off or sheafed.

Good luck

Regards Neil

Yes, I expect some thing has been happening before they noticed it. And I do expect the previous owners built up the soil level at the base to make mowing easier, shame.

The power lines should be fine, its ABC and every thing can get down around them OK thankfully.