Maruyama

Neil-R

I have a Maruyama long reach hedge cutter - 25cc or thereabouts. Bought used from a tool hire place after one season, blades where trashed but they sent for a new set of blades, was a good deal. They fixed jet carb so no adjustment possible and some elements of the set up feel a bit cheap, like the choke lever, but in all fairness, it has been absolutely reliable. I run mine on aspen, it sips gas.

The gearbox is pretty beefy, two separate grease nipples for the pinion gear and the reciprocating element. One thing to bear in mind is the tightening wheel that tightens the head at your chosen angle can vibrate loose and sone slop can develop in the head. If the slop is too much the pinion gear will not mesh properly and start slipping - this happened once to me, and when I examined the gear I noticed that there was some wear on it - the sulution is just to firmly (not brutally, just firmly) tighten the knob each and every time you adjust the angle, and keep checking it. The wear on the gears haven't affected the performance of my model as far as I can tell - I presume one of the previous blokes who hired the machine let is run with slop and wore the gear.

I have a Maruyama long reach hedge cutter - 25cc or thereabouts. Bought used from a tool hire place after one season, blades where trashed but they sent for a new set of blades, was a good deal. They fixed jet carb so no adjustment possible and some elements of the set up feel a bit cheap, like the choke lever, but in all fairness, it has been absolutely reliable. I run mine on aspen, it sips gas.

The gearbox is pretty beefy, two separate grease nipples for the pinion gear and the reciprocating element. One thing to bear in mind is the tightening wheel that tightens the head at your chosen angle can vibrate loose and sone slop can develop in the head. If the slop is too much the pinion gear will not mesh properly and start slipping - this happened once to me, and when I examined the gear I noticed that there was some wear on it - the sulution is just to firmly (not brutally, just firmly) tighten the knob each and every time you adjust the angle, and keep checking it. The wear on the gears haven't affected the performance of my model as far as I can tell - I presume one of the previous blokes who hired the machine let is run with slop and wore the gear.

Thanks always good to hear first hand what a machine is like.👍👍👍

I had a Maruyama split shaft strimmer/brush cutter out on demo last year from a friendly dealer. Twas about 25cc me thinks, i liked it but decided not to spend out at that point in time. I also fitted the long reach hedge trimmer attachment to it and was amazed at how heavy it was, this ultimately put me off as it would be pure agony doing long conifer hedges with it.

It is very good equipment maruyama dolmar has made a lot of equipment for them and the hedge trimmers are based on the tried and tested Fuji robin design

And the bigger saws sold outside of the EU where rebadged Dolmar

image.jpg.1292b30b9a93e258fc6b74c405c48888.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
do you do chainsaws too.loyryuoks a bit like the old kawasaki td40 best strimmer ever made.

Maruyama top handle chainsaw now in stock 30.1cc light 3.65 kg with 10" bar and chain what do you think ??

6c6a8786f0a1e0a22b9a84987b7133e2.jpg77a2798e088b621eced56ed84abcdc05.jpg9b1c707828f99343ff45d4d4126d6e00.jpg37467be24070037892a8370f551044be.jpgf51ddd39911f2ba9adbbf19f50507311.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi what do you have in the way of hedge cutters in this range and are they any good? I'm after a new long reach cutter.

Thanks Richard

Hi Richard we do a good range of hedge cutters , 3 different Long reach units plus 2 30 inch single sided units , there are 3 double sided versions , all with five year commercial warranty.

There are also the split shaft Combi units to consider .

939866e9bc5e57049949f8981e2ff5d7.jpgef597b380fa87f7eb76893716c166c45.jpgfcd42af5fa51f4fcd64fd7e227bfa968.jpg

Neil do you have a website with prices on?

I hate having to ask the price for each particular item when browsing, I'll walk straight out of a shop with no prices (normally old fashioned hardware stores).

Pm me your email and I will send the complete price list over

Neil do you have a website with prices on?

I hate having to ask the price for each particular item when browsing, I'll walk straight out of a shop with no prices (normally old fashioned hardware stores).

Website is currently under development , watch this space , can email over a complete price list if you send me a PM