Stock fencing

Big Beech

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16ft gates, around £100,

3-4 ft £40_50,

So even if you supply those figures don't add up, to me that is blatant ripping off.

A 16ft gate you say is around £100 and a post above says you will hang it for £50. Where I am 100+50=150. Where do you get "blatant rip off" from??:confused1::confused1::confused1:

People do charge a fortune for installing gates. I assume they dig by hand and concrete them in👎

Whereas I'd bang them in with knocker. Probably 1 1/2 hrs work at the most to bang 2 posts in, fix fittings and hang.

IMO, there isn't really a 'going rate', I recently installed 1200meters all in a bang straight line with good ground and access, I charged this at £1.80 per meter for installation cost, on the other hand a 50 meter length with a few turns and general awkwardness could be more like £5 per meter to install. So its a bit like the question whats the going rate to fell a tree?

I tend to just charge small fencing jobs as a job rather than giving them a meter rate.

A 16ft gate you say is around £100 and a post above says you will hang it for £50. Where I am 100+50=150. Where do you get "blatant rip off" from??:confused1::confused1::confused1:

You said 150 for big gate , 100 for small,

Are you supplying gates at that,

Really posses me off that so many " tree surgeons" or gardeners with a chainsaw,

Pass themselves off as fencers, most of which know nothing about livestock behaviour, the prices th at are charged beggars belief , and the fact that those wet behind the ears pays it annoys me even more

You said 150 for big gate , 100 for small,

Are you supplying gates at that,

Really posses me off that so many " tree surgeons" or gardeners with a chainsaw,

Pass themselves off as fencers, most of which know nothing about livestock behaviour, the prices th at are charged beggars belief , and the fact that those wet behind the ears pays it annoys me even more

When did it turn into rocket science to put a fence up?

When did it turn into rocket science to put a fence up?

My point exactly, the effort and work I put into my fencing , then I see others can't give a toss,

Nailing stays to strainer, tieing base to a post, not ensuring flat side of post is against the fence,

Putting staples in straight.

All the above are common place with those that put no thinking on to fencing,

How many think about the livestock, where the pressure points on fences will be, under trees, watering holes,

Not putting in turners at regular intervals,

But as you say piece of piss,

The lack of accreditation in the profession is shameful.