Stock fencing

Big Beech

The other issue with clipex is you have to use clipex net, and there is no doubt that clipex all use this fact in their prices.

Staplelok, can use standard rylock, any manufacturer.

Ill be honest, I'm very sceptical of clipex, I've never denied that ,

If it's so good why have they not converted all landowners to it,

I believe it has a place, on Heather hills, and the like, but it's the fact it's not interchangeable to other manufacturers that for me is a draw back.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, my main gripe with the clipsx pricing claims is that they space them out to 4M+ to achieve that costing.

You can do that with timber posts, 4-5 rounds which are stronger in the ground and the price difference is larger.

Clipex was brought to the market to offer a product which would stand the test of time and combat the premature failure of timber. Of course you can achieve the same costs if using timber, that have never been in doubt.

The other issue with clipex is you have to use clipex net, and there is no doubt that clipex all use this fact in their prices.

I believe it has a place, on Heather hills, and the like, but it's the fact it's not interchangeable to other manufacturers that for me is a draw back.[/QUO

Every maunfacturers net is slightly different in it's spacing of lines hense why we had to choose a suitable net which is XFence which we were suppling already. You can use another net but it may not let you clip every horizontal line in.

Fair comment on Staplelok (which we sold 5 years ago) but do you want to fidle with those staples?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

You will never convert every landowner to one product, just look at how diverse fencing is!

Was clipex and the like not developed in/for OZ?

They very rarely use timber posts over there as they just split, and even when u use timber strainers u tie off rather than steeple off as steeples just pop out.

can see the point in it over there. Be a lot better than the warratah fencing that they usually use over there.

Mibee i'm lucky in my area as timber posts are really decent quailty and from a smallr sawmil not often machine rounded.

Must admit i'm not convinced it is the timber at all but just poor sawmills putting posts trhou far too quickly when still green.

That way there not lying out money for a big stockpile of drying timber.

I believe it has a place, on Heather hills, and the like, but it's the fact it's not interchangeable to other manufacturers that for me is a draw back.

The main reason people don't like it is because of the way it looks, I think it looks ok and doesn't stand out from a distance. X fence isn't the cheapest but its an excellent very rigid net, so much easier to pull up than hinge joint and goes much tighter. A good clipex fence, correctly installed is like a big elastic band and very tough. The one we are doing at the moment with the beefy posts is like a wall. Its a lot quicker to erect and no stapling. Another factor is how compact the materials are, you can get 4 x the amount of posts in the same space as timber which is good where access is bad. The only thing I don't use a lot of is the strainers as they are very expensive so use creosote ones as they have more hold for turning and are a lot cheaper.

The main reason people don't like it is because of the way it looks, I think it looks ok and doesn't stand out from a distance. X fence isn't the cheapest but its an excellent very rigid net, so much easier to pull up than hinge joint and goes much tighter. A good clipex fence, correctly installed is like a big elastic band and very tough. The one we are doing at the moment with the beefy posts is like a wall. Its a lot quicker to erect and no stapling. Another factor is how compact the materials are, you can get 4 x the amount of posts in the same space as timber which is good where access is bad. The only thing I don't use a lot of is the strainers as they are very expensive so use creosote ones as they have more hold for turning and are a lot cheaper.

Thank you Sir:thumbup:

The main reason people don't like it is because of the way it looks, I think it looks ok and doesn't stand out from a distance. X fence isn't the cheapest but its an excellent very rigid net, so much easier to pull up than hinge joint and goes much tighter. A good clipex fence, correctly installed is like a big elastic band and very tough. The one we are doing at the moment with the beefy posts is like a wall. Its a lot quicker to erect and no stapling. Another factor is how compact the materials are, you can get 4 x the amount of posts in the same space as timber which is good where access is bad. The only thing I don't use a lot of is the strainers as they are very expensive so use creosote ones as they have more hold for turning and are a lot cheaper.[/

QUOTE]

Do you have any pictures of it in situation? How does it hold out when you have runs that follow steep contours and a meandering burn. I like the idea of using it with timber strainers as I think it would be easier to install on boulder strewn land especially where I'm following a fallen dyke. I've managed to narrow my requirements down to about 850m made up of three separate continuous runs.

• 2 weeks later...