sick pay who pays

jose

Are you now admitting that there is a gender pay gap?

There is a pay gap and you could go round and round arguing about it. The BBC thing is a strange one. Because as far as I see it non of them should be paid that much! Especially mr crisps. I don't watch TV yet have to pay for it and sky because the the rest of the family does! That pisses me off!!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's well known that women live longer than men. Yet women get their state pension years before men.

Maybe that's more of an injustice than the BBC paying female stars less than male stars?

That's a valid point! After all, it's a government policy rather than a quasi-autonomous corporation policy.

Those that shout loudest for this elusive "equality" might well have more to lose than might immediately be apparent.

It's well known that women live longer than men. Yet women get their state pension years before men.

Maybe that's more of an injustice than the BBC paying female stars less than male stars?

You really are off the page on most things.

By the time lots of us here on Arbtalk will get a state pension men and women will get their pension at the same age.

What went before is water under the bridge.

You really are off the page on most things.

By the time lots of us here on Arbtalk will get a state pension men and women will get their pension at the same age.

What went before is water under the bridge.

Retirement ages should have been equalised decades ago though...

So what's been done to equalise average life spans of men and women? Surely we can all agree that it's unfair that women live, on average, 3 years longer than men? The NHS should obviously spend less on women and more on men. To do anything else is sexist.

It's also grossly unfair that most combat deaths are of men...

JUst seen this,

My view would be that if the employee (with only one job) had been out at the weekend enjoying a hobby and had an injury or picked up an illness that would keep them off work for 12 weeks, would you be asking who should be paying sick leave? Ignoring the cause, as an employer I reckon you are going to have to pay SSP. I reckon their other employer should pay as well. Anything above that is up to you and how much you value them as an employee, however Ialso reckon that their other employer is going to sending them a cheque for compensation shortly too... so not to feel too bad if all you can give is SSP to a very valued employee..

As for gender equality... yes it should happen.

Retirement ages should have been equalised decades ago though...

So what's been done to equalise average life spans of men and women? Surely we can all agree that it's unfair that women live, on average, 3 years longer than men? The NHS should obviously spend less on women and more on men. To do anything else is sexist.

It's also grossly unfair that most combat deaths are of men...

Like I said, off the page.

Retirement ages haven't been equalised yet. On the whole men earn more than women though. Your NHS argument is nonsense, we all pay NI to cover that, unless you are lucky enough to have private health care, which we do, although I used the NHS recently.

More combat deaths are of men because very few women are on the front line.

There are two ways to fix the gender pay gap at the BBC. They have chosen to run round giving pay rises to women. Anyone with their own business would have reduced the pay of the men. Public money is a wonderful thing.