£38K is the current UK average wage, are business owners working for less??

skyhuck

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was 26K average and 18K here in Wales. Either way I'm less but I'm happy with my job and what I'm doing which is the main thing.

I suspect the average owner makes more per year but less per hour if you include all the paperwork. On a side note I wonder how much average salaries are skewed by the people with 6 or even 7 figure pay.

Part of running a business is reinvesting in it. Judging when, how and what for are difficult tasks that some people are clueless at and others have a knack for.

I went mechanised 3-4 years ago and whilst turnover rocketed, income has not increased in proportion with it; partly due to breakdowns / parts / contract and payment disputes and all the crap that goes with LTC.

I spent 2 days doing arby work the other day; on day one I did four jobs that turned £200 each and it was easy work. If I could guarantee that for the rest of my working life I'd quit timber tommorow. £800/day less costs of approx £200 for overheads inc - you do the math.

If only. But I'd be bored.

I think the average wage is greatly affected by London wages as are house prices.

The difference is so staggering that people in the North East could be seen as pretty well off even though they earn less than the UK average.

I remember reading a study which found that an individual would rather have a smaller income as long as it was still higher than all their neighbours, than have a larger income but be the lowest paid on the street/neighbourhood (assuming everyone knew how much each other was earning).

Given some of the quotes some potential customers are claiming to have had, I can only assume the answer is yes.

Are people really happy to run their own business and make less than an average wage???:confused1:

To answer your question, yes.

The question that needs asking IMO is, if the average wage is £26,500, roughly hundred quid a day (for a PAYE employee), who gets paid holidays, company car or van, sick pay (sometimes) and pension etc,

How on earth can someone come on Arbtalk and offer a days subby work for any less than £150?

Location dependant.

To answer your question, yes.

The question that needs asking IMO is, if the average wage is £26,500, roughly hundred quid a day (for a PAYE employee), who gets paid holidays, company car or van, sick pay (sometimes) and pension etc,

How on earth can someone come on Arbtalk and offer a days subby work for any less than £150?

Location dependant.

Because theyre tight barstewards