How to keep your boots clean

HAIX Footwear UK

It seems the art of good boot polishing (or bulling!) has become lost, so we at HAIX thought it was about time that we offered our loyal boot buyers some hints and tips.

Firstly, before starting to clean your muddy boots, be sure to brush off any excess dirt. Next, use a high quality shoe polish not only to maintain the shine of your boots, but also the breathability.

Our feet have 250,000 sweat glands and the average pair gives off about half a pint of perspiration per day. To allow for this level of moisture as well as wet weather, HAIX boots incorporate Gore-Tex which allows moisture to be transported away from the feet and out of the boot. The use of oil and wax to polish your boots could damage the high quality leather and materials that make HAIX’s boots breathable, so it’s always best to use a good quality boot polish.

Afterwards, you may wish to dry and store your boots. To do so, lift out the specially designed insole and put it upright into the boot. Taking care of the insole is vital for protecting the 49 individual bones and small joints in your feet. HAIX bases the design of its boots on the complex anatomy of the foot and orthopaedic requirements to ensure that the user’s feet are comfortable. After a long day, your boots could make a world of difference to the amount of strain that comes from a demanding, physical job.

To allow your boots to dry effectively after a rainy or even snowy day, stuff your boots with newspaper and leave them in a dry and darkened location at room temperature, never on heating vents. Then your boots will be ready and waiting for another day out!

Of course, if you have any questions either contact HAIX directly or leave a post below and we are sure another HAIX user will be able to help you.

To find out more about the HAIX range of boots, visit our website at http://www.haix.co.uk or you can find us on Facebook at HAIX Global and Twitter @HaixGlobal.

Edited by HAIX Footwear UK
Social media details update

• 2 weeks later...

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/chainsaws/97599-things-i-havent-done-without-consequence.html

I've never polished my chainsaw boots, I have to say the biggest problem I get is the soles separating from the uppers, would that be solved by polishing?

That happened more when I was doing lots of conny hedges, getting my foot stuck in a fork and yanking it free.

Here's a picture of my boots to enhance your Friday night.

I don't know their names.

image.jpg.dc9911b71ed96dabe6918ad848cac076.jpg

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/chainsaws/97599-things-i-havent-done-without-consequence.html

I've never polished my chainsaw boots, I have to say the biggest problem I get is the soles separating from the uppers, would that be solved by polishing?

That happened more when I was doing lots of conny hedges, getting my foot stuck in a fork and yanking it free.

Here's a picture of my boots to enhance your Friday night.

I don't know their names.

It doesn't hurt Mick.

I used to properly look after mine, getting Nikwax right into the cleats and stuff.

What also helped massively was rotating my boots a lot, and only wearing my £200 boots for chainsaw work instead of digging, dragging and fencing in them when some decent £50 safety boots are just as good.

I pretty much only climb in my Salewas now as well.

Fair enough, that's £400 worth of boots, but they'll last much more than 2 pairs of £200 boots if that makes sense?